Help! Reservations seem impossible to get for Nov 2015

I have been trying endlessly to find a dinner BOG for Nov 19 before party since 180 + 8. Really hoping one comes up soon!!
This is much harder than it should be!

Welcome to my nightmare! I've been trying for 'Ohana for that same night. I check twice a day....nothing! My daughter seems to think we still have a chance cause people cancel and change things around all the time. So we shall see. All I can say is keep trying!

Welcome to my nightmare! I've been trying for 'Ohana for that same night. I check twice a day....nothing! My daughter seems to think we still have a chance cause people cancel and change things around all the time. So we shall see. All I can say is keep trying!
Keep trying for Ohana. Several breakfasts have opened up, and I was able to switch out our days (for October). Just found them by checking every day. We got a dinner reserved, too. I'm sure something will come open for dinner for you, too.

This board is wonderful, but i don't always get the e-mail alerts for the threads, as i have setup. A BOG came up on Nov cancel thread last night. Did not get e-mail alert. Noticed two hours later. By then "Poof"! I get most but worried about those i don't get!

This board is wonderful, but i don't always get the e-mail alerts for the threads, as i have setup. A BOG came up on Nov cancel thread last night. Did not get e-mail alert. Noticed two hours later. By then "Poof"! I get most but worried about those i don't get!

I don't either and I don't understand why some come thought but not others!

Are you logging on to the cancellation thread right after you get an email alert, every time you get an alert? You won't get anymore email alerts from the time you got your last alert until you check the forum. For example, say you get an email alert at 9 pm but you don't actually log on to the thread until 11 pm, you will not get alerts for the posts that happened between 9 pm and 11 pm.

Could be. When i set up to follow thread i set up e-mail alert. I guess i assumed that meant all alerts. If i get an e-mail for something i don't need or at a time i am not there i would delete e-mail. I have my phone setup to stay online all the time but didn't think i needed to bring up the app every time to keep getting new e-mails.

Yes, you need to go to the thread to continue notifications. When I get an email about a post with something I don't want I click on the link and then close the window. If only there was a way to not get notifications on the chat comments on that thread. :sad2:

I'm glad I found this thread! My family and I are headed for our first trip 11/15-11/21 and I'm still holding out for HV breakfast or lunch on 11/16 and BOG lunch (hopefully breakfast will open up as well) 11/17 or 11/20. FINGERS CROSSED! I've gotten two Disney Dining Buddy texts this week but was too slow to book through my text messages! AAHH! :-)

I'm glad I found this thread! My family and I are headed for our first trip 11/15-11/21 and I'm still holding out for HV breakfast or lunch on 11/16 and BOG lunch (hopefully breakfast will open up as well) 11/17 or 11/20. FINGERS CROSSED! I've gotten two Disney Dining Buddy texts this week but was too slow to book through my text messages! AAHH! :-)

I'm on that same exact boat except I haven't received any texts from Disney Dining Buddy. I even have the phone volume turned all the way up on my phone so I can hear it in case it comes through at 2am. At this time, I'll take any character breakfast, lunch, dinner anywhere.

I'm on that same exact boat except I haven't received any texts from Disney Dining Buddy. I even have the phone volume turned all the way up on my phone so I can hear it in case it comes through at 2am. At this time, I'll take any character breakfast, lunch, dinner anywhere.

Me too - same week. I've gotten nothing from Disney Dining Buddy. I've also been checking the website several times a day in case something opens up.

Just a reminder - there is no asking for ADRs or trading of ADRs. All notifications of cancels are limited to the single month cancel thread.
thank you!

Don't lose hope, my fellow Nov travelers. I just randomly checked wdw's online dining reservation a few minutes ago and my heart dropped when I saw Ohana available for breakfast. I booked it as fast as I could. So just keep checking over and over.

P.S. I had Disney Dining Buddy for this exact date, time, and restaurant but didn't even get their notification, no text or email. Big fat fail.

Don't lose hope, my fellow Nov travelers. I just randomly checked wdw's online dining reservation a few minutes ago and my heart dropped when I saw Ohana available for breakfast. I booked it as fast as I could. So just keep checking over and over.

P.S. I had Disney Dining Buddy for this exact date, time, and restaurant but didn't even get their notification, no text or email. Big fat fail.

Just curious when you're going in November? We recently decided to upgrade our FD to the deluxe plan since we were going to be paying for 3 meals OOP anyway so I've been looking for a few more character meals including Ohana breakfast. I'm hoping I find some openings soon!

Also, regarding Buddy I lucked into a BOG that I also had set up for an alert as well and didn't get notified. I wonder if maybe we just found them right after they had been released and buddy hadn't found it yet. You could forward your confirmation email to them and let them know you didn't receive a notification from them and you might get a refund. I know a lady in on of my FB groups said she was signed up for buddy, wdw tools, and scout and received notifications from scout and tools but not buddy. She took a screenshot and posted it on buddy's FB page and they refunded her money. It's worth a shot.

I know a lady in on of my FB groups said she was signed up for buddy, wdw tools, and scout and received notifications from scout and tools but not buddy. She took a screenshot and posted it on buddy's FB page and they refunded her money. It's worth a shot.

I'm so amazed that she had the presence of mind to take a screenshot! When I get a notification -- or see an ADR time that I want -- I am scrambling so fast to claim it that my family teases me. My husband has even texted me with the message "be our guest" just to watch me run to the phone. :rolleyes:

FYI- I have Dinsney Dining Scout and have been noticing Im getting several opening notifications a day now especially for HS. Not sure whats happening but its a good thing so just keep looking. I have now secured eveything I want at the times I want (with the exception of the elusive BOG dinner) for the week of 11/15-11/22.

Also with the dinning apps- My cousin worked on a team that created one of the apps and he told me that they scann the Disney reservation sites at timed proprietary intervals so depending on when the reservation opened up versus when the application does its scan you can easily never get a notification. Becasue these apps have different intervals its all down to timing and with these hot reservations minutes matter. He suggested, which I did, for truly high priority res create and alert on multiple apps and it worked.

Last edited:
Just curious, what is the guarantee that all these sites are actually sending notifications for real openings? I mean they are just sending a notification that there is an opening, but when you get there it isn't available, so you think someone else booked it. What if it was not there to begin with? What if the notifications are somewhat random to increase their membership, some are real and people can take advantage, some are not real at all?

How many people have signed up for these services and paid their money, feel satisfied with notifications, but never actually secured a reservation?

Just curious, what is the guarantee that all these sites are actually sending notifications for real openings? I mean they are just sending a notification that there is an opening, but when you get there it isn't available, so you think someone else booked it. What if it was not there to begin with? What if the notifications are somewhat random to increase their membership, some are real and people can take advantage, some are not real at all?

How many people have signed up for these services and paid their money, feel satisfied with notifications, but never actually secured a reservation?
I have actually secured 3 ressies using scout and buddy so they were real for me!

I have actually secured 3 ressies using scout and buddy so they were real for me!

Not sure how the process works. Would you have paid money regardless of actually getting a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter