Help! Rental House Area

Ruby2000

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am newly registered but have been reading here for years. If I am not planning a trip, I spend my time on the community board.

My question, I am planning a trip for 2 grandparents, 2 sets of parents and 3 children and we are wanting to rent a house but I don't know where to look. I have found houses of interest in Indian Creek, Windsor Hills, Emerald Island and Celebration. What are the pro's and con's of these developments.

I would like the best bang for our buck. Nice and roomy would be good since it is family. LOL As on any vacation, you just need somewhere to rest, swim and cook just don't want to break the bank...there are plenty of ways in Orlando to spend our money.

Thanks in advance.

Any of the ones you listed are good but Celebration is a broad term that is sometimes used to cover the same area. There are no home rentals in the town of Celebration.
There's also Rolling Hills, Windsor Palms, Oak Island Cove, Sunset Lakes. These are all in the same general area. Windsor Hills may be a little more expensive because it's the newest and has bigger community facilities.
Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island have manned gates, Sunset Lakes, Acadia Estates and Formosa Gardens Estates have coded gates and the rest have no gates. All of these are within 10 minutes of the Disney Animal Kingdom parking lot.
There are other subdivisions that are further away in Davenport along 27 and near Champions gate exit 58 off I-4. Also some off Poinciana which is east a little further on 192. (Terra Verde, Bellavida, Lake Berkley, Cumbrian Lakes)
Here's a map to show you where these are:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

Hi! I am newly registered but have been reading here for years. If I am not planning a trip, I spend my time on the community board.

My question, I am planning a trip for 2 grandparents, 2 sets of parents and 3 children and we are wanting to rent a house but I don't know where to look. I have found houses of interest in Indian Creek, Windsor Hills, Emerald Island and Celebration. What are the pro's and con's of these developments.

I would like the best bang for our buck. Nice and roomy would be good since it is family. LOL As on any vacation, you just need somewhere to rest, swim and cook just don't want to break the bank...there are plenty of ways in Orlando to spend our money.

Thanks in advance.

I can highly recommend the place we just stayed in Emerald Island. It could be perfect for your group. It had a suite on the main floor (with a queen bed) which might be perfect for grandparent not wanting to traverse the stairs, and then 2 identical king bed suites in opposite corners of the second floor...ideal for two couples sharing who want the same accomodations (don't have to worry about who gets the "better" room). In addition, three other bedrooms, which might be more than you need, but seriously, too much space is better than too little. :goodvibes Living areas were spacious with plenty of room for all. We shared with another couple, and a set of grandparents (10 of us in all), and it was perfect for us.

It looks better in person than the pictures show, which is always a pleasant surprise. Well maintained, and immaculately clean.

Owner was a pleasure to do business with. Very responsive to all questions and concerns.

http://www.5starvillaneardisney.com/

That house is lovely!!! I think we could get by with 5 bedrooms which should be a little less $$$$.

I will assume that you give the Emerald Island area a thumbs up?

That house is lovely!!! I think we could get by with 5 bedrooms which should be a little less $$$$.

I will assume that you give the Emerald Island area a thumbs up?

Absolutely. I've stayed twice there (in different places) and been happy both times. Close by, very quiet and peaceful, convenient to grocery stores and a ton of restaurants.

Thanks so much for the information. We are planning on being there Thanksgiving week...does that change any advice?

The only advice that I have for Thanksgiving week is that it will be very busy at the parks. It's one of the busiest times of the year.

I just posted this on another thread. We stayed here:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/32411.html

And I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. I found it was convient to shopping and restuarants (Super Walmart was a mile away). It sits at the back of a subdivision and backs up to conservation land so it felt very private.

It took us about 15-20 min to get to WDW on average. If we stayed at WDW to close and had to fight all the traffic out it took a bit longer. I found, for us, it took less time to drive back and forth than it did to stay on-site and wait for the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter