Help..personal DIS web page

amid chaos

DIS Veteran
I have tried 3 times to register for a personal DIS web page....each time after I register, it times out getting beyond the registration page. I have had to use 3 different screen names because it tells me the one I just used is taken, yet I can't get to the page using that name.

Help........

I just tried to register as "a test" amid chaos... with results similar to yours.

I've sent an email off to "godzilla" asking for some help and clarification in this matter. I'll post the response here just as soon as I get it!

Chris..thanks for the help. I just checked the alphabetical order option for the DIS personal web pages and amid chaos has 3 (from my 3 attempts) but they are all inaccessible.....I'd appreciate anything you can do..no hurry.

Have you read through my DIS websites link in my signature?

Wait about 60 seconds then hit the stop button on your browser. That should do the trick. If it doesn't, let me know. :D

<font color=green>
Chris I haven't seen your email (yet). Can you describe what happened (next) when you chose the name ('a test') ??

amid chaos: I need to know the usernames that you attempted to create the accounts as. I will look to see if any of them were created.

Post replies here or email me directly here !

-G
</font>

<font color=green>
Lisa is correct. But this only solves the immediate problem; I'll look into a longer term fix...

-G
</font>

Godzilla- After I hit submit the screen went blank, and stayed that way. I gave the page about 5 minutes or so to load, then hit "back". I got the response "...expired, do you want to re-post data form?" When I tried to re-enter the same name, it said "username already in use...."

I am using Netscape and should have know to try the "stop" thing in an attempt to "unstick" the page but didn't.

(I'll check on / resend that email)

I finally got in by hitting stop after 30 seconds and got a password......I have printed out Lisatx's instructions and will proceed at this point. I am now registered under the username amidchaos00. I believe in the A-Z listing there are some "ghost" sites from my attempts. If you let me know how to delete them I'll take care of it.
Thanks for all your help.

Glad you got in, Amid. :D

Don't worry about the ghost sites. I think we all have quite a few. I can't even imagine how many I have. :eek: Godzilla should be able to delete them for you. :D

<font color=green>
Hi Amid,

There were indeed a number of ghost sites created. I've removed them. This
means that you can now go and create a site based on the user name you wanted
in the first place. Just remember to use Lisa's trick [hit stop after ~60 seconds] in
order to get a site created.

-G

PS: I purposely didn't list which username's were removed in order to give you a
chance to create the one you wanted. Email me here if you want that list.
</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter