HELP! One more ADR I need opinions !!

Later_Mater2009

lover of all things DISNEY
Ok we have all the places down we realllly wanted to try this year.
In the past we have been to:
Boma (dinner)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Ohana (breakfast)
Whispering Canyon
LeCellier

this time we have:
Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Sci Fi
Garden Grill
Tusker House (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner)
paying out of pocket for HDDR and I have one more table credit for us, where do you suggest ??
Here are my ideas:

1900 Park
Grand Floridian Café

the ONLY THING is we are in Magic Kingdom on the day I have nothing down for us for a table service, I try to do one a day usually dinner, UNLESS Crystal Palace opened up one before park opening then I would be tempted to try that but I haven't seen any yet. We do not have park hoppers so MK or a resort would be ideal... we have 3 character meals already so Im thinking maybe something a little "fancy" non buffet for the kids since I have one first timer (girl 10) two boys who have been 15 and 7... I am really trying to get BOG for dinner but its tedious and I would need a back up... please let me know what you guys suggest and think would be a good new place???:thumbsup2

What about Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner on your MK day? The food is really good.

Ok we have all the places down we realllly wanted to try this year.
In the past we have been to:
Boma (dinner)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Ohana (breakfast)
Whispering Canyon
LeCellier

this time we have:
Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Sci Fi
Garden Grill
Tusker House (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner)
paying out of pocket for HDDR and I have one more table credit for us, where do you suggest ??
Here are my ideas:

1900 Park
Grand Floridian Café

the ONLY THING is we are in Magic Kingdom on the day I have nothing down for us for a table service, I try to do one a day usually dinner, UNLESS Crystal Palace opened up one before park opening then I would be tempted to try that but I haven't seen any yet. We do not have park hoppers so MK or a resort would be ideal... we have 3 character meals already so Im thinking maybe something a little "fancy" non buffet for the kids since I have one first timer (girl 10) two boys who have been 15 and 7... I am really trying to get BOG for dinner but its tedious and I would need a back up... please let me know what you guys suggest and think would be a good new place???:thumbsup2

I vote for 1900 Park Fare dinner on your MK day.
How many nights are you there? Sci-Fi is pretty cheap, you might want to pay for it out of pocket instead of HDDR and use the Sci-Fi TS credit and your extra TS credit for HDDR instead. It is good to have a night without an ADR in case something happens, sickness, etc, and you end up wasting it in the end 'cause no time left to use it.
Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, and Tusker House all have pretty similar characters. 1900 Park Fare would be great for you and the 10 year old first- timer girl, even if the boys don't want to go. It is Cinderella and the Prince, Madame Tremaine and the stepsisters are such a hoot. You won't believe it until you experience it. All face characters, and conversation----completely different experience than fur characters like you will have in all your other character dining you have listed and had in 2009.

The strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare is very good. Other people say you go for the experience, I agree. But I enjoyed dinner there very much. I recommend it. Maybe scrap Tusker House breakfast, and do Yak & Yeti table service instead. You do have 3 character meals with basically the same characters. Tusker breakfast is not special or unique. If you are set on Tusker House, I would suggest lunch or dinner there instead of breakfast.

Have fun. I hope the 10 year old first-timer really has a magical trip.

I want to add Grand Floridian Cafe is a lovely restaurant and the food is good, but I would recommend the 1900 Park Fare instead for the special Tremaine stepsisters experience. And your 10 year old may get to dance with the Prince. As I said, 3 of your meals have the same characters, all of them fur. You converse with face characters, and interact, not watch them lift their ears or shake their tushies.

Definatley go with 1900 Park Fare over Chef Mickeys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter