Help needed please. Airline just changed our flight time

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DebbieOBX, Apr 22, 2013.

1. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

To departing LAX at 11;40 I'm told i can get off the wonder at 9;30 am May 20. We are 2 slower walking senior ladies.

Is this doable? Any help/input would be great.

thanks debbie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

I wouldn't risk it. Call the airline and tell them you are not accepting the change and ask them to rebook you on a later flight. There should be no charges since they are the one making the initial change to your original booking.
    Plus, airlines tell you to be at the airport 2 hours before flight time to allow enough time to check your bags and get thru security and get to the gate.

4. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

The problem is, that is now the last flight across the USA. They can get us out the next day, no charge to change the air fare. BUT we pay hotel.

5. jilljill

There's no way I would risk it especially since you are guaranteed to be off the ship at 9:30. I'd just pay for a hotel for the night and enjoy an extra day of vacation. We are having to do just that in Vancouver, not ideal but worth it for peace of mind.

6. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Can you leave the ship earlier? On a lot of DCL cruises, disembarkation begins at 7:30 a.m.

7. mrp4352

mrp4352 DIS Veteran

Even so, the peace of mind would be worth it. If it were me and my mother, I would spend the money for the hotel. My biggest concern would be traffic. LAX traffic is notorious!

8. jilljill

Not an option when DCL lists the disembark time as 9:30 for this sailing.

9. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Can you do a later leaving flight that just connects somewhere else? We had to do that when flying from Vancouver on the day we got off the cruise - if we wanted non-stop, we would have to wait til the next day, but if we wanted to fly home the same day, we had to do a connecting flight that left after noon. I've since learned to check for flight options before deciding whether to fly home day-of or day-after a cruise - we would have rather spent the money for an extra day / night in Vancouver and had a direct flight than the connection especially as flight delays and thunderstorms had us arriving back in ATL at 3 AM rather than 11:30 PM. Glad we had a room booked at a nearby hotel.

10. Kira G.

Kira G. DIS Veteran

Really? There's no red-eye? In my experience most cross-country flights from LAX leave in the evening.

If you are getting off the ship at 9:30 it is very unlikely that you will make an 11:40am flight. Traffic in LA can be quite challenging, and I have waited in very long check-in and security lines at LAX (and with sequestration it may be even worse).

Good luck!

11. cpc430

cpc430 Mouseketeer

I'd take the next day flight. If you rush and don't make it, you'll be in the same spot but without a guaranteed ticket for that flight. At least changing to the next day allows you not to rush and stress although you would pay for hotel for a night.

We are also flying from LAX in July. What airline are you on?

12. Namsupak

Namsupak DIS Veteran

Which airline? Can you fly out of one of the other airports such as SNA?

13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Totally the last flight? That may be THEIR last flight, but there are other airlines. What about them?

When our flights were changed for our first cruise, and I called to say it wasn't acceptable, the rebooked us on a different airline (that, co-incidentally, were almost identical to the original flights).

14. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

We are on AA, and i very much agree We can not make the flight. AA offered to change us to the next day, as it was there last flight out. (they canceled the later flight that we were on.)

One red eye about midnight, but not good for 2 mature ladies getting off the ship at 9:30 am

We have booked for the next day out of LAX in the am.

Please help with the best way to get from the cruise port to a LAX hotel.

Thank you so much. YES we are stressed. : )

15. Kira G.

Kira G. DIS Veteran

I'm sure others will be able to be more helpful to you about getting from the cruise port to the airport - but if I were you I would not head straight to a LAX hotel and stay there for the day! There is so much to see in the area and I suggest you take advantage of it!

For instance, you could stay in Santa Monica and enjoy the beach and shopping there, or arrange a Hollywood tour (they will pick you up right from the hotels). Santa Monica is only about 20-30 minutes from LAX, and I'm sure you could arrange a shuttle in the morning. There is plenty to do there that a "mature" adult would enjoy.

That's just one idea. But if you are "stuck" in the LA area for a day I would really make the most of it!

16. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

You should be able to get off the Wonder before 9:30 a.m. I would speak to guest services both now and once onboard and tell them the situation and you need to be on one of the first buses out because of the change in flight. They should accommodate you ;)

17. DebbieOBX

DebbieOBX Mouseketeer

THANK YOU they did, and we can be off the ship by 730! Thats good for an 1140 flight! Thank goodness. Thanks everyone.