HELP NEEDED!! Need to lose 100 pounds

Dumbo Mad

DIS Veteran
Hi

I really need some help and support..... I've got 100 pounds to lose, each year I've tried to lose some weight and each year I lose a bit and then put it back on and more.

I've had a horrible last 3 years. I was planning my wedding in 2004 and had lost 4 stone, when my mum was diagnosed with Cancer, we tried to bring the wedding forward but my mum died in November 2004. My mums family disowned my dad, brother and me as they couldn't cope with the loss of my mum and blamed us for everything. So I planned my wedding by myself. I then lost my Grandfather in 2005 and my Gran in 2006. Since my mums death I've put on 5 stone. My mum was my rock and helped me do everything. I'm lost without her. I've started so many diets, I've lost count, nothing is working and I feel really depressed. I even started having counselling but that didn't work.

My Husband understands how I feel but doesn't know how to cope with my thinking of food all the time, my cravings and has tried to help me so much. He has come up with this goal.....he knows how much I love Disney World.

The goal is loss 100 pounds and he will take me back to Disney World. I have to say that we live in the UK, have been to Disney once a year since our Honeymoon (3 times) and my husband isn't a big Disney fan like me.

The goal is great but I just don't think i can do it, I just still can't get my head round losing weight, don't know where to start. I so much want to loss weight and keep it off. I can't talk to anyone here about this, no one really understands how I feel and I talked about going on diets so many times that no-one listerns to me anymore. I wish so much for my mum to still be here.

So I have no one to help me, can anyone give me any suggestions/help?? Anything....

Apologies for such a long story. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your losses. Sounds like it has been a tough few years for you.:hug: While I applaud your husband offering you such a great "reward", you can't lose weight successfully until you are doing it for YOU!! If a trip to WDW is a good motivator, then maybe it will work.

Start thinking about making lifestyle changes, instead of "dieting". I know it is hard to think about. And I am definitely the pot calling the kettle black!! I know all of the right thing to say.... too bad I can't seem to say them to myself!! Some days, when I am eating a salad when I would rather have a big sandwich, it seems very difficult and I can't imagine eating this way for the rest of my life. But then I tell myself how great I feel as I lose the weight (again!!) and that it is all worth it.

It is SOOOO easy to forget that I am making a lifestyle change. The other day there was an advertisement on TV for Philadelphia cheesecake filling (ready to use, in a tub). I told DD that "when I am done with this diet I am going to buy one of those and eat it straight from the container!" DUH!! Not the way to lead a healthy, SLIM, lifestyle!! (And not the kind of thing I would do, even at my current weight... just a dream.) But it is so easy to forget that this NEEDS to be a LIFESTYLE... not a temporary diet.

Anyhow, my few suggestions would be....

Get a physical if you haven't had one in a while. Talk to your doctor about losing weight. Maybe he/she would have some helpful suggestions or could recommend a nutritionist.

Find a "diet" program you can live with (Weight Watchers is great if you need accountability to someone else).

Find a friend to exercise with (or even invest in a personal trainer, if you can afford it and need the motivation). Even just brisk walking regularly is fabulous exercise! And it goes fast when you are talking with a friend.

Buy a good scale and use it regularly.... but NOT daily.

Do some reading on healthy eating and nutrition. It is AMAZING to me what people eating thinking that they are being "healthy". Just because it is "sugar free", "low fat", or "high fiber" doesn't mean it is good for you!!

Continue to come visit us here on the WISH board. There are lots of friendly folks ready to help. Good luck..............................P

You already got some great advice there....one thing I would add - don't look at it as losing 100 pounds (and I can totally relate - my goal is to lose 97 so it might as well be 100).....look at it as losing 10 - then another 10 and so on. Or if you need to break it down into 5 pound chunks - you know the old saying - "How do you eat an elephant?" - One bite at a time. You will lose it one pound at a time - but I know when I think about 97 pounds I get discouraged. But when I look at it in smaller chunks it's much easier.

Wow, I definitely feel where you're comin from. I have to lose 160 lbs to get where I want to be, 120 to be where all the doctors want me.

Spend a whole week not thinking about dieting. Don't count calories, nothing. Just get a pack of bright sticky-notes, and write some affirmative thoughts on it. "I am worth it." "I am beautiful." "Micky loves me almost as much as I love myself." Stick them around your house, and everytime you see them, say them out loud. It sticks with you, trust me. Good luck!

I have 100 pounds to lose too. :) You've come to the right place...we are all here to support each other.

I've broken my goals into smaller bites. I want to lose 24 pounds before I go to WDW in 3 months and then I want to lose that much more before I go on a cruise this summer. 24 pounds seems so much more attainable than 100 pounds, so once I lose it I'll set my sights on the next goal.

PM me if you want a weight loss buddy. Believe me, I know how hard it is. I'm just tired of being fat!!!

I just saw this thread. I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.

This thread is pretty old so you may not get many replys here... you should hope on over the the February WISH Away the Pounds thread, much more active over there :)

I just saw this thread. I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.

Hi!

I sent you a private message. I had some personal stuff in there so I sent it private so please let me know if you got it. For some reason it is not showing up that I sent it.

We have a free online fitness and motivation group that has been a HUGE help for many people. We are always looking for new members, the more active people we have the better it is for everyone. We support and encourage each other, post motivational quotes, swap recipes and give fitness advice to people. Its a private group so everything posted remains in the group. Please let me know if you are interested.

If anyone else is interested feel free to PM me. The only requirements are that you want motivation and support. We are a great group of people all shapes and sizes.

I am very sorry for your losses. I recently lost 50 pounds and still have maybe 15 to go. It has take me about 15 months so I am doing it slow but as long as I am keeping it off, I am happy. Here are some things that helped me (and just remember, it's all about calories in/eaten...calories burned).

Figure out how many calories you need to lose weight and journal. I use myfitnesspal and love it!

Exercise. I've been working out at the gym 4 - 5 days a week. Lots of cardio, some weights. I try and do at least 45 min cardio. I also see a trainer who has helped me along.

Use a heart monitor that will tell you calories burned as well. I set goals for myself. I try to burn at least 600 calories when working out. Then you need to add those calories back into your daily calories. Yes, when you exercise, you can and should eat more! :)

Set goals and rewards. Ie, if I run a mile, I will get a pedicure.

Drink water!

Good luck to you! I feel so much better now so that is a motivator to not gain it back.

I'll probably get flamed for pushing a fad diet, but here goes. Have you ever heard of the Dukan diet? My aunt lost 105 lbs from the beginning of September to the beginning of March, and I have 2 friends that have lost over 60 lbs each and have kept it off for over 2 years. It's a big commitment with the maintenance phase, but all 3 of them have been very happy with the diet so I thought I would share. Good luck!

Folks, just a reminder that the original post here is very old. We can't even be sure that the OP is still on the boards. If anyone is looking for some weight loss support, PLEASE come join us on the Amazing Aprill challenge! Tons of support, no judging, no hard sell! Just lots of love and support!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257822

...............P

Folks, just a reminder that the original post here is very old. We can't even be sure that the OP is still on the boards. If anyone is looking for some weight loss support, PLEASE come join us on the Amazing Aprill challenge! Tons of support, no judging, no hard sell! Just lots of love and support! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257822 ...............P

Wow. I didn't eve realize. Thought it was current since it was on the first page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter