Help...my shower curtain rods keep rusting!

floridascgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm on my 3rd one this year and it's driving me crazy. :headache: What type is the most economical, but yet rust proof? I can't remember what mine were made of. One was a brushed bronze color and the last two were silver (maybe brushed nickel or brushed chrome?).

Please advise. :worship:

Believe it or not -- get one that is made of plastic or polymer. Cheap doesn't rust.

Our shower curtain rod is some metal that is painted white. The paint will help to keep it from rusting. We have had the same curtain rods for 14 years.

If you really want metal, try painting a metal one with some clear varnish of some sort. I was thinking about people who use clear nail polish to stop metal allergies when wearing jewlery.

I just bought a curved shower rod, it's only been up a few months. I hope it doesn't rust.

Do you have a fan in the bathroom? If not do you open a window to let the steam out?

I was hoping not to have to go with plastic, but the stainless steel/aluminum ones are so expensive. Oh well.... :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter