Help! My luck ran out - have a dud Disney gift card from Target online :(

YIKES. I got two in the mail yesterday and I am going to check them RIGHT NOW. I have two more on the way. UGH

Whew!! These two were okay. I will make sure I check them as I buy them from now on. I usually wait until right before a trip. However this last time... I didn't do that for our spring trip a few weeks ago. YIKES!!!!!

Is there some bonus to buying them online rather than the store?
You can pay with Target GCs and use your Target REDCard as the backup method of payment. If done the right way during checkout, you get a 5% discount off of the face value of the Disney GC.

FYI, I bought a Disney giftcard in store and got the 5% off with my redcard. I wasn't using any GCs though, just paid with redcard. So if you aren't using any GCs or other method of payment it sounds like it's worth it to just buy in store and pay with the RedCard

There really is no benefit anymore in getting them online unless you don't live near a Target. Well if you buy Target cards thru RAISE and you get can get one for more than 5% I guess it is still better to get them online.

There really is no benefit anymore in getting them online unless you don't live near a Target. Well if you buy Target cards thru RAISE and you get can get one for more than 5% I guess it is still better to get them online.

This is not true. You may still combine your discounted gift card and Red Card 5%. I did it right before the gift cards went out of stock again. 11.5% off is better than 5% off.

So I just checked my cards and they are all activated phew, I am alittle confused so if I check them again, they will be locked is that right, and does anyone know why this happens. Thanks.

I have a similar problem. I bought $200 of Disney Gift cards in Target with a Staples Visa card. The Staples card was for $176, and I purchased items totaling over $225. I handed the kid the Staples card and had my Amex in my hand ready to go. He had a problem and called someone over. She looked and said the entire amount charged to the card. I said that's impossible...there's only $176 on the card. She said it went through and handed me the card and a receipt. I called the number on the back of the Staples card and sure enough, there was a negative balance. :confused3 I don't know how that happened.

Well, fast forward to this past week and DS17 and DD16 went to WDW for Music Days with their band. I handed each of them a $50.00 gift card and said have fun. Neither gift card worked. I bought them so long ago that I don't have the receipt and I threw out the card from Staples. I have no way of proving I purchased them and they were never activated.

Unless someone here has a suggestion, that's $200 down the drain....:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter