HELP!!!!!! More Disney Dreams to fulfill! 09/04 Exciting news!

Hi Karin,

I want to tell you that I love reading your trip reports. I am in the middle of reading your last one and this pre-trippy.

I have to admit I am in awe of you and Tom being able to spend your vacations together... I wouldn't last more than 1 week with my brothers!:rotfl:

However, I always wanted a sister... and right now you are the sister I would pick. So much Disney fun! :goodvibes

Ann-Marie

I got so far behind, but all caught up now. I loved all your DLP updates. The food always looks so good.
Yay for getting flights booked and for getting a Contp. discount...and for getting Bay Lake Tower again! :banana: I know how pretty it is.

Whats a good time between flights? I am looking at something for possibly Sept. The ideal flight time would be a later one, but it has a stopover with plane change and it only allows like 45 minutes and that makes me nervous. But the other options make for a much longer day.
It's all up in the air, but I am doing a bit of research now.

Ok.. I will admit I LOVE Nathans... but come on.. you really want to go for the Fries!!!

9067.jpg

I enjoyed reading your Disneyland Paris TR. Your photos are beautiful. I love that you can walk inside the castle and the stained glass windows are just beautiful. Congratulations on getting BLT for 2013.

Yay! Karin, time to plan! Got up at midnight last night and got Palo Brunch for our Dream cruise!!! :cool1: You were right, there was plenty of times available.

:dance3: Congratulations on scoring Palo Brunch!!! :woohoo:
I guess now that they have done away with the tea and offer longer hours for brunch, it makes it much easier to score a ressie.

:woohoo: for booking at BLT!!!

I think I knew there was a hotel in the airport... but wow, I didn't realize it was so nice. :goodvibes

We are over the moon happy with BLT! And renting the points makes it so much more affordable. AND it will leave us with enough points to stay all of two weeks on points next summer! :woohoo:
I saw photos of the Hyatt on a trip report and it looked nice enough, so I checked into it and since flying into MCO was cheaper (with better seating) than going to Miami it made perfect sense! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin,

I want to tell you that I love reading your trip reports. I am in the middle of reading your last one and this pre-trippy.

I have to admit I am in awe of you and Tom being able to spend your vacations together... I wouldn't last more than 1 week with my brothers!:rotfl:

However, I always wanted a sister... and right now you are the sister I would pick. So much Disney fun! :goodvibes

Ann-Marie

Welcome! :goodvibes
It's never too late to join in ...... my reports and reviews go on forever. ;) :goodvibes
And I am very happy to hear that you enjoy reading about our adventures.
Tom and I share the same love for Disney, so that makes travelling together much easier. And he agrees to almost everything I plan ... ;) .... makes it really easy.

Ah, and thank you for picking me as your sister :hug: :goodvibes

I got so far behind, but all caught up now. I loved all your DLP updates. The food always looks so good.
Yay for getting flights booked and for getting a Contp. discount...and for getting Bay Lake Tower again! :banana: I know how pretty it is.

Whats a good time between flights? I am looking at something for possibly Sept. The ideal flight time would be a later one, but it has a stopover with plane change and it only allows like 45 minutes and that makes me nervous. But the other options make for a much longer day.
It's all up in the air, but I am doing a bit of research now.

Didn't you have a busy weekend yourself, Jennifer? ;)
But none the less I am so happy you are caught and enjoyed the DLRP updates.
We are really excited about staying at BLT again! And at a reasonable cost!!

As for flight times - 45 minutes would make me VERY nervous. (maybe if it was a very tiny airport, then it might work).
I cannot speak for US airports, but for us, since we need to use Frankfurt, which is really huge, we know that they are prone to delays and if you are coming in late, they won't wait, so I always have at least 90 minutes between flights. Nothing worse than missed flights and not knowing when/if you can get on the next one. ;)
Guess that didn't help much. :rotfl2:

Hi Karin,

Love the plans so far! You'll LOVE Nathans! YUM! Love your breakfast at home and I really want that Milka bar! Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can't wait to read all about it. :goodvibes

Thats my fear too. I'll have to check out the airports I guess and see what they look like..maybe ask on the transportation board too. It's all in the air for now, so I have time.

Ok.. I will admit I LOVE Nathans... but come on.. you really want to go for the Fries!!!

9067.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

Nobody told me they had fries looking that yummy! Thanks so much for posting that photo! This is exactly what we are going to get! :goodvibes

I enjoyed reading your Disneyland Paris TR. Your photos are beautiful. I love that you can walk inside the castle and the stained glass windows are just beautiful. Congratulations on getting BLT for 2013.

I am glad you liked to see the photos of DLRP - since I take photos for our DISfriends there we have discovered so many little details. It's amazing how much attention to details Disney puts into its park - I guess this is what makes us come back year after year after year. :lmao: ;)
I am so happy we are going to stay at BLT again. Every day when I get home from work I pull up the Disney site and look at my reservations. :rotfl2:

Hi Karin,

Love the plans so far! You'll LOVE Nathans! YUM! Love your breakfast at home and I really want that Milka bar! Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can't wait to read all about it. :goodvibes

Tom and I are really looking forward to our airport dinner at MCO! ;) I have heard so many good things about Nathans that I need to try them for myself! :thumbsup2
Hope you like the rest of our plans too! :goodvibes

Thats my fear too. I'll have to check out the airports I guess and see what they look like..maybe ask on the transportation board too. It's all in the air for now, so I have time.

Sorry I couldn't help any more, but we don't usually fly to many different airports and I have always hated when we had a layover in the US. If you arrive and have to go through immigration you always run a HUGE risk of missing your connection. ;)

Summer vacation 2012,
Key West, WDW, back to back cruises on the Disney DREAM, and another week at WDW.

Day 2:
On the road .......

Most likely we will be up early, since our „inner clocks“ will still be running on European time. I guess we will just pop down to the food court to pick up a coffee and a muffin or something or we will just have some coffee in the room. We intend to be on the move by 8am.
Our first stop will be the Dollar Rent a car desk, where we will present our pre-paid voucher and then finally will pick up a car.

sebring.jpg

After loading everything we brought with us into the boot we will get on the road and drive over to Downtown Disney.

DSC_0243.jpg

We decided to start the very first day of our summer vacation in style, which means breakfast at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.

klein_425.jpg

klein_423.jpg

They should open at 9am and we should make it there in time for opening. After breakfast we might pop into World of Disney for a quick walk through, before we finally start our drive towards Miami. We should make it to Miami at around 2pm and we will have a break at Bubba Gump’s in Miami.

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

Once we have finished lunch we will then head over to Publix

miami-publix.jpg

to pick up a few staples before we will get on the road again. We will be driving to Key Largo that afternoon and will most likely arrive there in the late afternoon.

key-largo.jpg

Our hotel for the night is the Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo.

Courtyard-Key-Largo-photos-Hotel-Exterior.jpg

Once we have arrived

keylargocourtyard.jpg

and checked in we will chill in our room,

2631759-Courtyard-Key-Largo-Guest-Room-5.jpg

marina-view-room-king-bed--v932218-41-912.jpg

or maybe even take a dip in the pool if it is not too late. I guess we will spend most of the evening in front of the TV and have another early night.

Link to Day 3

Just because I wasn't envious enough of all your trips now you're throwing in Key West? I love it there! Even the dogs are lazy in Key West! Can't wait to read all about it!

Karin,

That car looks fun!

I have a convertible (VW EOS) and drop the top at the first sign of spring even though it can be bit chilly here in Chicago. How nice it will be for you in sunny FL.

Have you decided when you will reschedule your GF tea? My birthday is August 19... I am trying to manage a quick weekend trip at that time but not sure I can manage the time away from work. Maybe you can change your reservation that day and you can eat a swan cream puff for me! :)

I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report and can't wait to see all the twist and turns your plan will take before you go. I really enjoy Tom's pictures as well.

Thanks to you both for capturing the subtle details and overall feeling of the magic of Disney in your reports.

Just because I wasn't envious enough of all your trips now you're throwing in Key West? I love it there! Even the dogs are lazy in Key West! Can't wait to read all about it!

The cats are really lazy too... especially at Hemingway's house.

I dont know what looks nicer... the pool or just the view of the pool. :goodvibes

Cant wait to read more. :thumbsup2

I really like them both ... the pool and the view of it, even though I guess we will really put that balcony to good use as we will have had a long day by then. And a balcony and an adult drink are my kind of vacation! :rotfl2:

More coming tonight! :goodvibes

:wave:

It's taken me days to catch up but yay, I'm all current now!

Can't wait to hear about your summer trip plans!!!

Hi Sophia!
I am glad you are all up to date again .... hope everything is good on your side of the ocean.
More plans coming up soon - how about you? Are you coming to Disney this fall too? :goodvibes

:angel: So sorry to torture you with Key West. ;) BUT we love it there too! :rotfl2:
Can't wait to return, we love the location of our hotel (have been there before) and everyone seems to be so laid back there! Even Hemingway's cats are real lazy! :goodvibes :laughing:

Karin,

That car looks fun!

I have a convertible (VW EOS) and drop the top at the first sign of spring even though it can be bit chilly here in Chicago. How nice it will be for you in sunny FL.

Have you decided when you will reschedule your GF tea? My birthday is August 19... I am trying to manage a quick weekend trip at that time but not sure I can manage the time away from work. Maybe you can change your reservation that day and you can eat a swan cream puff for me! :)

I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report and can't wait to see all the twist and turns your plan will take before you go. I really enjoy Tom's pictures as well.

Thanks to you both for capturing the subtle details and overall feeling of the magic of Disney in your reports.

No way would a convertible make sense here in Austria, where I drive with winter tires for 6 to 7 months a year! :rotfl2: (Not that there is snow for that amount of time, but mother nature throws in a snow day sometimes as late as April. ;))
So, having a convertible in Florida is the ultimate blizz for us! :thumbsup2

I actually have cancelled the GF tea, but not rescheduled yet. We will move from the Contemporary to OKW on the 19th and if I can NOT fit in the tea for you that day, I promise to have a Mickey bar in your honour! :thumbsup2

Lots of twists and turns (and food) coming up! I still have 28 more days to plan! ;)

The cats are really lazy too... especially at Hemingway's house.

We love the lazy cats at Hemingway's house and pay the entrance fee just to see THEM. :rotfl2:
Tom and I just love Key West, so we are both really looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

:wave: Karin & Tom!

Finally all caught up! :goodvibes Of course, absolutely love all the DLRP photos and yet another delightful TR, but going to jump right into your summer plans!

I've not yet visiting Key West, but it is on my list if me move to FL. Hopefully, will be able to convince my friend to visit long enough for us to drive down for a few days...though it looks like a place anyone would want to be much longer than just a few days!

The Key Largo Courtyard looks so nice - the balcony is perfect! I have a hard time being on vacation in FL without a balcony, especially in the summer. You are so right, it's just right for relaxing with an adult beverage.

Looking forward to the rest of the ptr! :thumbsup2

(p.s. Congrats on the CR discount and renting points! If you don't mind my asking... and if you'd rather not say, that's fine! ::yes:: Did you go through a DISer or one of the point rental companies? Renting points is my favorite way to visit WDW now, but it is not always easy to find someone I feel comfortable renting from - so happy you did!:goodvibes )

Hey Karin, thought I'd swing by and check out your plans :thumbsup2

I am so excited to be visiting the Keys this year. Your previous trip reports have made me want to see (and taste) it for myself ;)

:wave: Karin & Tom!

Finally all caught up! :goodvibes Of course, absolutely love all the DLRP photos and yet another delightful TR, but going to jump right into your summer plans!

I've not yet visiting Key West, but it is on my list if me move to FL. Hopefully, will be able to convince my friend to visit long enough for us to drive down for a few days...though it looks like a place anyone would want to be much longer than just a few days!

The Key Largo Courtyard looks so nice - the balcony is perfect! I have a hard time being on vacation in FL without a balcony, especially in the summer. You are so right, it's just right for relaxing with an adult beverage.

Looking forward to the rest of the ptr! :thumbsup2

(p.s. Congrats on the CR discount and renting points! If you don't mind my asking... and if you'd rather not say, that's fine! ::yes:: Did you go through a DISer or one of the point rental companies? Renting points is my favorite way to visit WDW now, but it is not always easy to find someone I feel comfortable renting from - so happy you did!:goodvibes )

Christine, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our DLRP trip and pics. Even though we had some things to do on our list, it was still very relaxed and a lot of fun.

You really need to visit Key West! It is such a heavenly place, so laid back and relaxed. The perfect way to kick off any vacation. Maybe you should take Sophia there. ;)

This will be our second stay at Key Largo although at a different resort. I had a hard time picking a resort, because the one we had been to on our first trip was nice, but it got pretty mediocre reviews, so I went with the Marriott. I booked a harbour view room, so I am really excited to get there. :goodvibes

Hey Karin, thought I'd swing by and check out your plans :thumbsup2

I am so excited to be visiting the Keys this year. Your previous trip reports have made me want to see (and taste) it for myself ;)

Hi Joh,
I haven't had time to post much of our plans, but an update including meeting a very special friend is coming up shortly!
The Keys are wonderful. Just take some time so you can stop and enjoy the views. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter