HELP!!!!!! More Disney Dreams to fulfill! 09/04 Exciting news!

OOh, that first day at WDW sounds so fantastic! I love Trails End...we just had lunch there last time and the sticky bun sundae is just amazing.

Ooooh...the Top of the World lounge. You'll have to tell me all about it. Sounds great!

I promise, you'll be the first to hear ALL about it! I cannot wait to try it. :goodvibes

We love going to the Top of the World Lounge. It is so pretty up there. And we love to get a bottle of wine and order some flatbreads. What a great way to end the day. And it is fun to watch the fireworks from up there. It gives you a totally different perspective. Enjoy!

Oh, and if you like scallops, my DH says that the best he has had are in the bar at the Wave. He gets them there about every trip we are down there.

That is what we are hoping to do .... order some nice drinks and a few snacks and sit, enjoy the lounge and the view and watch the fireworks. I love seeing fireworks from different places .... so this should be perfect.

Thanks for the hints about the scallops. Tom loves them, so we will definitely hop over to the Contemporay for some too (if we cannot fit them in this time, we'll stay at the Contemporary again in August, so we will definitely drop in. :thumbsup2

Oh, that looks like such a nice day! I think you are going to have so much fun!

I really hope it works out as planned! :goodvibes

OOh, that first day at WDW sounds so fantastic! I love Trails End...we just had lunch there last time and the sticky bun sundae is just amazing.

Thanks! We wanted to eat at Trails End last summer, but were never able to fit it in, so it should work out nicely. I loved their new menu when I first read it ... can't wait to try. ;)

Love the plans !!I have seen the 2 bedroom suites at Bay Lake and they are HUGE !!!I loved how close to MK it was too!!!

And I should tell you, we just sit at the bar when he has them. A nice glass of wine for the both of us and he has the scallops for a snack. Very relaxing place. :goodvibes

Boy those desserts at trails end looks soooo good. I might have to add that to my list of things to try! :thumbsup2

Love the plans !!I have seen the 2 bedroom suites at Bay Lake and they are HUGE !!!I loved how close to MK it was too!!!

We are getting a studio at BLT. We're only staying for two nights, so no real need for a full kitchen. ;)
I just love that it is so close to the MK! Just a few steps and we'll be at our happy place! :cloud9:

And I should tell you, we just sit at the bar when he has them. A nice glass of wine for the both of us and he has the scallops for a snack. Very relaxing place. :goodvibes

Hm, a nice visit to the bar sounds just right - I told Tom all about it today and he is really looking forward to some scallops! Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup2

Boy those desserts at trails end looks soooo good. I might have to add that to my list of things to try! :thumbsup2

I read on the food blog that they have changed their lunch menu to table service, so I was intrigued, but when I saw the photos I knew that I needed to try Trail's End at least once! :thumbsup2

I read on the food blog that they have changed their lunch menu to table service, so I was intrigued, but when I saw the photos I knew that I needed to try Trail's End at least once! :thumbsup2

ABSOLUTELY LOVE Trails End!!! An all time favorite!! Lunch has been a TS for years, but was a buffet - maybe changing the buffet to a menu? We loved the lunch until they removed the BBQ, but dinner/supper is still one of my all time favorites - love the relaxed atmosphere and the food is down home and yummy! It used to have the best breakfast cost wise in all of WDW - prices went up a couple of years ago, but still not bad. I just love sitting on the porch in a rocking chair.:cloud9:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE Trails End!!! An all time favorite!! Lunch has been a TS for years, but was a buffet - maybe changing the buffet to a menu? We loved the lunch until they removed the BBQ, but dinner/supper is still one of my all time favorites - love the relaxed atmosphere and the food is down home and yummy! It used to have the best breakfast cost wise in all of WDW - prices went up a couple of years ago, but still not bad. I just love sitting on the porch in a rocking chair.:cloud9:

You absolutely caught me here, Christine, as this is what I wanted to say - it changed from a buffet to a regular menu. Tom and I don't like buffets too much, so that change made it all the more interesting!

We did have breakfast there a few years ago with a couple of friends from another board - it was really good fun!

You absolutely caught me here, Christine, as this is what I wanted to say - it changed from a buffet to a regular menu. Tom and I don't like buffets too much, so that change made it all the more interesting!

We did have breakfast there a few years ago with a couple of friends from another board - it was really good fun!

Thought that's what you meant :thumbsup2, but my brain is not working this afternoon (had some very good news that my retirement is not going to be so puney anymore begining the end of this month!!!:woohoo:)

I would be delighted if they offer the BBQ (for the life of me cannot recall the exact name!) as a menu item b/c I am not crazy about a buffet either, but my kids loved that buffet and when it included the BBQ I could make myself happy with that.::yes:: I'm going to look up the menu and see if we should go over in November. :thumbsup2

Thought that's what you meant :thumbsup2, but my brain is not working this afternoon (had some very good news that my retirement is not going to be so puney anymore begining the end of this month!!!:woohoo:)

I would be delighted if they offer the BBQ (for the life of me cannot recall the exact name!) as a menu item b/c I am not crazy about a buffet either, but my kids loved that buffet and when it included the BBQ I could make myself happy with that.::yes:: I'm going to look up the menu and see if we should go over in November. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: That's definitely good news on your retirement!!! I am so very happy for you!
I'll let you know about Trail's End when we are back. It is just so convenient that we just have to hop on the boat at the Contemporary and hop over to Ft. Wilderness for lunch. We hope to get off the DREAM early to fit in a little time at the MK when we arrive back at WDW!!! :thumbsup2

Planning our February trip!!!!!

Day 7, Friday, February 24

One full day at WDW

We have decided to start our day off with a hearty breakfast at the Wave.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

Since we are staying at the neighbouring resort it should just be a short walk over to the Contemporary. After breakfast we will hit the Monorail and ride over to Epcot.

DSC_0161.jpg

IMG_9790.JPG

I guess a ride on Spaceship Earth is in order,

DSC_0121.jpg

then we will head to Soarin' to pick up a Fastpass

IMG_7964.JPG

if it is for a reasonable time, ride the Living with the Land ride

IMG_6344.JPG

and Nemo, before heading over to Mission Space for a ride on the Orange Team.

IMG_5764.JPG

Since I guess that our Soarin' Fastpass will not be in effect now we will start our tour through World Showcase.

DSC_0106.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

IMG_8037.JPG

I am hoping that we can drink

IMG_5767.JPG

and snack our way around the world.

IMG_9808.JPG

I am really looking forward to a snack in Norway, maybe some counter service in China and we definitely want to try the new counter service in Japan.
I am sure we will pick up a few treats from the Karamellkuche

IMG_0099.JPG

and if we are lucky even pay a visit to La Cava de Tequilla.

IMG_9830.JPG

IMG_9825.JPG

In the afternoon we will return to the resort and chill for a while, pack up our stuff and change for our dinner at the California Grill.

IMG_0938.JPG

Once we have finished our dinner

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

we will head over to the Magic Kingdom for the Main Street Electrical Parade

IMG_0943.JPG

and Wishes.

IMG_0968.JPG

The Magic Kingdom closes at 11pm and we will walk back to the Bay Lake Tower and call it a night.

Your Feb trip looks great so far. How exciting that you will be checking in as DVC members for the first time:cool1:

Is the picture of the room at Bay Lake a studio? It looks huge. I have never really looked into staying there so I have no clue what the rooms look like. They look pretty nice.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see your review of Trail's End. Not too many people mention eating there and the menu looks pretty good.

Oooohhhh, the Top of the World. It seems like every trip you take gets better and better.

OK...that's two whole days of planning and not one mention of me.... :rolleyes1 :lmao::lmao: Your plans look great...isn't the monorail amazing? :cloud9:

wow I'm finally caught up. Love all the gifts. Congrats on the upgrade to the Poly. Love the pics of the dream and the ones of the Fantasy float out. Can't wait to hear more...........

Your Feb trip looks great so far. How exciting that you will be checking in as DVC members for the first time:cool1:

Is the picture of the room at Bay Lake a studio? It looks huge. I have never really looked into staying there so I have no clue what the rooms look like. They look pretty nice.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see your review of Trail's End. Not too many people mention eating there and the menu looks pretty good.

Oooohhhh, the Top of the World. It seems like every trip you take gets better and better.

Thank you! I cannot wait to say that we are back there as DVC members ... so happy!

The picture IS a studio picture - we have not been in person, but looked at models. I so cannot wait to check it out and we'll definitely post photos once we are there.

We have only been to Trail's End once for breakfast with a large group and we all didn't pay much attention to the food. But I saw some photos of the new lunch menu and it loos really interesting!

And talk about Top of the World - since we never really thought about becoming DVC members we never even thought about it, but now? We cannot wait to try it! :thumbsup2

OK...that's two whole days of planning and not one mention of me.... :rolleyes1 :lmao::lmao: Your plans look great...isn't the monorail amazing? :cloud9:

About the mention of you - VERY hard to do since someone hasn't posted much planning on her part! :rotfl2:
I am sure we can figure something out, but that is what we have planned SO FAR!!!!!!! There IS room for improvement! :lmao:
Yes, the Monorail is wonderful, I have always loved it, but the 2 minute walk between the MK and our "home" is even more amazing to me! :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

wow I'm finally caught up. Love all the gifts. Congrats on the upgrade to the Poly. Love the pics of the dream and the ones of the Fantasy float out. Can't wait to hear more...........

:woohoo: for getting all caught up! :thumbsup2
We cannot wait to stay at the Poly ..... especially at such an "awesome rate". :rotfl2:
More coming up shortly! :goodvibes

Can't believe your Feb Trip is next month!!!Great plans so far!!!

Yes, it's getting so close - 5 weeks from today we will be on our way to the DREAM! :thumbsup2
After only being back to work for a week I cannot wait to get away. :rotfl2:

Day 8, Saturday, February 25

Time to go home again

Again, we will start our day with breakfast at the Wave

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4586.JPG

and then head over to the Magic Kingdom to watch the Opening Ceremony and rope drop.

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

We will then head to pick up a Fastpass for Space Mountain and maybe if the wait is not too long, just get in line.

IMG_7785.JPG

Maybe we will ride the Railroad to Frontierland and head to Pirates of the Caribbean

DSC_0416.jpg

and the Jungle Cruise

IMG_7858.jpg

and then head to the Haunted Mansion.

IMG_7827.jpg

and finally Space Mountain.
By then it should be around midday and we will most likely share an early light lunch at Columbia Harbour House.

IMG_8142.JPG

Maybe we can snatch a Fast Pass for Peter Pan, so we could ride that after lunch

DSC_0398.jpg

and I guess our last ride of the day will be the Peoplemover

IMG_7873.jpg

and then we will slowly stroll down Main Street,

IMG_7824.jpg

maybe have an ice-cream or a Mickey bar and do some more shopping.
Once we have arrived at the end of Main Street we will wave goodbye to the castle and leave the park.
The walkway to the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower is short and we will be at our car in no time.

IMG_8173.JPG

After we have packed everything we purchased that day into our luggage we will say a sad goodbye to our home for the last two nights and drive to Downtown Disney for our last lunch of the vacation.

IMG_1089.jpg

Once we have arrived at Downtown Disney we will head for Wolfgang Puck's Express

IMG_4597.JPG

and enjoy our lunch and hopefully

IMG_4596.JPG

some Creme Brulee. Then depending on how much time we still have we will stroll through some of the shops until we finally head back to the car and get on our way to the airport.

IMG_8192.JPG

IMG_8194.JPG

We will check in and send off our luggage then walk through the shops and maybe pick up an article or two at the Earport

DSC_0078.JPG

before we have to walk through security and make our way over to our gate. Once on board we will wait for dinner,

IMG_8204.JPG

then take some sleeping aid and hope to sleep for the rest of the night.

Day 9, Sunday, February 26

Back home again

If we wake up in time we will have breakfast courtesy of Lufthansa.

IMG_8214.JPG

Once we have landed in Frankfurt and have gone through passport control we will check if our flight home is on time and if the gate has changed.
We will most likely have time to get a snack at one of the stands, find a seat and have lunch before getting on board for our flight home.

IMG_8220.JPG

During our short, 55 minute flight home we will be offered a snack, which we will happily enjoy if we are not too tired and asleep. Once back home,

IMG_8229.JPG

we will pick up the car from the carpark and on the way home stop at a gas station to buy a few groceries. And this should be the end of our half term vacation.

Well...someone got through their PTR pretty quickly... :rolleyes1 Which, considering you have two other threads going is pretty impressive. And this also means, apparently, that I should get going with my own plans. :rotfl: Fine...I'll get right on that today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter