Help! Mexican Riviera with kids

Whenever Vallarta Adventures is handling the excursion, you're in great hands. We've always been more than happy with them.

We did the MR with 2 DD's, ages 3 & 7.

Cabo we did Disney's Beach Party....AWFUL...HUGE waste of money. I would have rather just went to a public beach. We went in June and the problem in Cabo is the beach is absolutly TOO ROUGH to go in. The resort we were at would NOT allow any swimming. That is not why I did not like it though. That would have been at any beach. We just paid a LOT of money for a whole lot of NOTHING!

The only good thing about the "Beach Break" with DCL was the view....

BIRTHDAYS2008119.jpg

All we could think is "why did we even get off the ship?"

Mazatlan we did Zip Line w/ Tequilla Tasting. It was great. The company DCL booked through was wonderful. The course was long, the staff was entertaining and the tequilla tasting at the end was fun. The drive was long out there so I would never have done that on our own. We live in SoCal and I just would not take the chance venturing out into Mexico on my own with 2 kids.

There were the vehicles we rode to the lines in....They were fun to drive in

BIRTHDAYS2008137.jpg

One of the longer lines....

BIRTHDAYS2008152.jpg

Puerto Vallerta we did the dolphins on our own with the water park. It was GREAT. We had an amazing day.

The waterpark that was included with the dolphins...

BIRTHDAYS2008166.jpg

BIRTHDAYS2008163.jpg

BIRTHDAYS2008172.jpg

BDolphin2.jpg

MaddyDolphin1.jpg

We are considering booking the Mexican Riviera cruise with DCL for Spring 2011. To me it looks like the stops are mostly for partiers or there are more adult activies than kid activities. They don't have shore excursions listed yet, but I looked at Carnival and RCL to get a general idea. If you've been on a Mexican Riviera cruise with kids, can you tell me what activities you did?

We went when DS was 8. In PV we did a Sierra Madre off-road expedition to get a feel for the real Mexico & to get away from the port. VERY eye opening experience on just how poor the country really is.

In Mazatlan we did the Stone Island Beach Day. Very nice beach. DS & DH rented an ATV & went for a ride down the beach while I sat in my lounge chair with a Cornona.:thumbsup2 They had a pinata for the kids after lunch. Relaxing family day on a nice wide beach.

In Cabo we did a snorkeling catamarn thing to Chileno Bay, stopping by Los Arcos on the way. :thumbsup2 We went in July but the water was FREEZING - much too cold to snorkel so we just enjoyed the ride & scenery.

No problems for us finding anything to do as a family in Mexico. If DS had been 10 we'd have done a zip line thing but he wasn't old enough at the time. OP - not sure what excursions you are looking at that make you think it's a cruise just for partiers?! We WERE surprised at how cold & gloomy it was in & out of LA...were not prepared for that...but would like to go again ONE DAY...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!