Help me with my DH thinking "Princess is just as good" AHHHH

MeghanNRileysMom

Mouseketeer
Okay, we've been on the Grand Princess before and this time I wanted to try a Disney Cruise. My DH had a heart attack when he saw the price difference (well so did I, but I can get over it ;) ). Help me with some "talking points" to convince him the price is worth it! He says "what's the big deal, a ship is a ship, so you get some characters on the DCL". I KNOW that can't be all, I mean you can't get Disney magic on the Princess ;) (pun intended)

Thanks in advance for your help!

I love Disney. Never cruised Princess. But ANY cruise is better than no cruise.
Sorry.

MeghanNRileysMom said:
Okay, we've been on the Grand Princess before and this time I wanted to try a Disney Cruise. My DH had a heart attack when he saw the price difference (well so did I, but I can get over it ;) ). Help me with some "talking points" to convince him the price is worth it! He says "what's the big deal, a ship is a ship, so you get some characters on the DCL". I KNOW that can't be all, I mean you can't get Disney magic on the Princess ;) (pun intended)

Thanks in advance for your help!

This won't help with DH, bit it might help you. We've been on several Princess cruises on the Dawn or newer class ships and then went on the Disney cruise in 2005. The ONLY thing that made the price worth it to us was our children and the characters.

Rotational dining is nice, but the food wasn't any better. The Disney themed ship is nice, but considerably smaller than the Princess ships we'd sailed. The characters were fun, but still a lot of waiting in line to see them. So, yep, I agree with your DH - DCL has characters and a very expensive price tag.

Disney with Triplets said:
This won't help with DH, bit it might help you. We've been on several Princess cruises on the Dawn or newer class ships and then went on the Disney cruise in 2005. The ONLY thing that made the price worth it to us was our children and the characters.

Rotational dining is nice, but the food wasn't any better. The Disney themed ship is nice, but considerably smaller than the Princess ships we'd sailed. The characters were fun, but still a lot of waiting in line to see them. So, yep, I agree with your DH - DCL has characters and a very expensive price tag.

I agree too, we had more fun on Princess plus you have more pools on Princess then two very small pools on DCL, where one of them closes when they have deck parties

Take a look at these too
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1053093

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=740653

ok, i've never been on any other cruise line, and i agree any cruise is better than no cruise,but, i would still shoot for the disney one.

does he like disney world? take him to a local amusement park, then tell him thats the difference in disney. when people ask why i want to go to disney so much i just think of how the entertainment is sooo much better. how great the cm's make you feel and how you just get lost in that disney magic!
boy did i get lost there for a minute :rolleyes: sorry.lol

If a Disney cruise fits your budget I say go for it and try it. If it comes down to the price and you can't justify paying the premium that Disney asks then go with Princess.

I have been on both and like both
Disney's entertainment is great
Their kids clubs are great but can be very crowded during summers and holidays

Food is about the same on both with more nice casual dining choices going to Princess plus the pizza place by the pool is a great option (Princess)

If pools are important - go with Princess, as another poster stated the pools on Disney are small and the Goofy pool closes for deck parties and you are only left with the wading mickey pool, great for little kids not so great for kids that need a deeper pool

Shows - Disney is in the entertainment business and the shows on the ship are really good and all family friendly
Princess has some nice shows too

Whatever you decide enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter