Help me with child swap!

PocahontasLookALike

DIS Veteran
ive not done it before as we've always had grandparents other family members who don't ride helping out.

I am taking my kids and meeting my friend and her son. My daughter is too short to ride a lot and her son is too scared to ride lots of things. Lol. Do we just talk to the cast member at the queue entrance? There's always a CM standing right there right?

Yes just talk to the CM. It can only be done on rides with a height requirement and they need to see the child who is too short/scared. They'll give you a ticket similar to a legacy FP.

Last time I was there a little over a year ago they were good for the whole day and could be used for either 3 or 4 people total. Hopefully someone who has been more recently can chime in to verify.

As the PP said, you will need to take the child with you to the attraction entrance and then ask the CM about rider swap/switch. The CM will give you a lanyard/tag that those folks who are riding the attraction will take with them. Close to the boarding point, a CM will exchange the lanyard/tag for the actual rider swap pass. It'll be good for the entire day and will allow up to three individuals to ride the attraction using the FP line. Note that rider swap is only available for attractions with a height requirement (so, RSR has one, but HM does not). Sometimes the CMs will ask to see the child, other times not, so that part varies a little by CM, but I would always plan on taking the child to the entrance.

Wow! This is great to know. I can't belive I've taken my kids who are really young but never knew! Usually one set of grandparents are with us and they dont ride much so it's never been a Prob. But now!

So each attraction that we will need to swap for we will need a separate rider switch pass? Us grown ups want to ride some things too! Lol.

I've never had to show the child, I just ask for a rider swap and am handed a lanyard.
You do need a separate rider swap for each ride. I've used it on space mountain, thunder mountain, splash mountain and RSR .

Yesterday I saw a CM refuse to give a rider swap because the father brought a child to get the pass and they wanted to see the other adult who would be waiting with the child. I thought that was interesting. It's probably best just to bring the whole party to get it, that way you'll have everyone in case they ask. You could also do single rider for the rides where that's available. In that case you wouldn't even have to bring the kids to the ride, you could switch off somewhere else and it might be easier.

It's probably best just to bring the whole party to get it, that way you'll have everyone in case they ask.

Yes. And for me, when we were using swap, it was only natural. We were all approaching the line anyway, so why split up ahead of time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts