Help Me Plan The ULTIMATE Trip! 7/8-You have to be kidding me!?!

Hi Kat! I'm here! :yay:

I'm very sorry to hear about Bale sweetie...I had no idea!:hug:

Looking forward to your PTR!!

Hello! Thanks for stopping in!

Thanks for the symapthy too. It's getting easier, I think. it's just awful lonely in the casa.

Kat you are a beautiful woman! I know nothing about wrestling - was it locally or did you travel? Is that how you hurt your back?

Hi!
I'm gonna join in too. You sound like me. I am always planning a trip, even when there isn't one planned. LOL!

Kat you are a beautiful woman! I know nothing about wrestling - was it locally or did you travel? Is that how you hurt your back?

Why thanks! Yep wrestling is what did me in, 6 years of getting dropped on your back a lot is not good for you, in case you didn't know. LOL. I basically traveled the tri state area doing it. Anywhere I could, I did wrestle.'

Hi!
I'm gonna join in too. You sound like me. I am always planning a trip, even when there isn't one planned. LOL!

YAY! Welcome! I have seen you around the boards and always thought what beautiful pictures are in your siggie- she's a beauty!!!

I find you & KC always look "so in love" in your pics together :goodvibes

OK SO we have a cast....total will end up being 7 (I think)...

So my next step is where to stay...

What do you all know about US hotels?

I know, I know. But next year the new Harry Potter thing will be open and I wanna go! Plus I have never been to US. I am not much for thrill rides (unless they are WDW) but my friends are , so I think 2 days at US is in order.

So help me out?! Where should I stay and why?

Then I need to try and pick a resort for WDW...

We have stayed at: ASMusic, Pop, CBR, CSR, POR, POFQ, & BWV. I want something affordable but I'm leaning towards a moderate. LAst trip with the friends we stayed at ASMusic in a family suite, which was great, but i'd like something new. DH is in LOVE with POFQ so I'm leaning towards it. We'd end up getting 2 rooms I guess. Unless someone else has any suggestions?!

Discuss...

Have you thought about renting points from a DVC person and getting a 2 bedroom suite? There should be room there for all of you. And Old Key West has really big 2 bedroom suites for the least amount of points. Just something to think about if you all want to stay together.

What do you all know about US hotels?
Absolutely nothing first-hand, but Royal Pacific has been calling me for years! Look around on the DIS for reviews and pics - it looks guuud!

DH is in LOVE with POFQ so I'm leaning towards it.
:scared: Sorry - it's gonna need a major refurb before I can recommend it in good concsience.
Have you thought about renting points from a DVC person and getting a 2 bedroom suite?
My thoughts exactly. I think you'd have SOOO much more fun in a 2 bedroom DVC!

Have you thought about renting points from a DVC person and getting a 2 bedroom suite? There should be room there for all of you. And Old Key West has really big 2 bedroom suites for the least amount of points. Just something to think about if you all want to stay together.

I am thinking of that actually. We had a great time all together last time.

Anyone know what the rack rates are? I'm, sure it's astronomical, but it can't hurt to be in the know.

Absolutely nothing first-hand, but Royal Pacific has been calling me for years! Look around on the DIS for reviews and pics - it looks guuud!

:scared: Sorry - it's gonna need a major refurb before I can recommend it in good concsience.

My thoughts exactly. I think you'd have SOOO much more fun in a 2 bedroom DVC!

The only US hotel I have been to is The Hard Rock. I def have to do some research on RP, I have heard good things and can get the low down from Janet after August too.

Any suggestions of where to get the 2 bedroom?

Will the tree house villas be done by then... that could be awesome.

I think the treehouse villas are already taking reservatioons for this coming up winter.

A 2 bed sounds like a great idea, otherwise the newly refurbed rooms at CSR are gorgeous!

Why thanks! Yep wrestling is what did me in, 6 years of getting dropped on your back a lot is not good for you, in case you didn't know. LOL. I basically traveled the tri state area doing it. Anywhere I could, I did wrestle.'
Sorry, I'm still stuck on this wrestling thing. Was it the stuff I see on TV?

Unless someone else has any suggestions?!

Discuss...
Are you wanting to divide up your trip- stay a few nights at US then a few at WDW?

We are staying at the HRH in September so I will be able to give a review after that. I vote with everyone else on renting DVC points if you can afford it. Otherwise I'd go with POFQ!

I think the treehouse villas are already taking reservatioons for this coming up winter.

That could be really fun. They will probably be hard to get tho.

A 2 bed sounds like a great idea, otherwise the newly refurbed rooms at CSR are gorgeous!

Yea they do look gorgeous. I loved CSR, my fav of the mods actually.

Are you wanting to divide up your trip- stay a few nights at US then a few at WDW?

We are staying at the HRH in September so I will be able to give a review after that. I vote with everyone else on renting DVC points if you can afford it. Otherwise I'd go with POFQ!

Yep we are gonna do a few 2 days I think at US then prob 6 or so at WDW. I def can't wait to hear about the HRH!

Sorry, I'm still stuck on this wrestling thing. Was it the stuff I see on TV?

LOL it's ok. Yep just like what's on tv, but on a smaller scale. Same story lines and managers and what not. I did it for about 6 years. First as a referee, then a manager then a wrestler. I had to train and work up to the actual wrestling part. It was a wacky time, but I have great stories to tell me kids/grandkids and video tapes to prove it too!

Here's some pics for a good laugh....

ref04.gif

1349530492070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

1349528987070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

Yep it's a dollar bill stapled to my head...it was sort of my thing that I was tougher than the other girls and could take it. crazy i know.
1349529744070748021S600x600Q85.jpg

Feel free to ask questions. :thumbsup2

Kat how come I can't view the nice photos you post yet as soon as you post that one of the stapled forehead I can see it :eek: :rotfl:

OMG KAt!! Loved the photos. I'm just grinnin from ear to ear now! The pictures speak thousands of words.

The look on the woman's face that you were picking up was priceless :rotfl2:

and the one of you with the chamo headband....well let's just say you are one hot mama!

You stapling a dollar to your forehead is just hysterical :rotfl:

Kat how come I can't view the nice photos you post yet as soon as you post that one of the stapled forehead I can see it :eek: :rotfl:

Figures lol.

My first vote would be OKW, just based on size. LOTS of room in those! :thumbsup2 Second would be AKV, because I believe they have an extra bathroom.

OOOO good to know! I really know nothing about 2 bedrooms...I need to peruse allears for some pics and info.

OMG KAt!! Loved the photos. I'm just grinnin from ear to ear now! The pictures speak thousands of words.

The look on the woman's face that you were picking up was priceless :rotfl2:

and the one of you with the chamo headband....well let's just say you are one hot mama!

You stapling a dollar to your forehead is just hysterical :rotfl:

LOL Glad to entertain. It was fun, for the most part. The now hurt and aches not so much but back then it was great.

Hey Kat. I need your advice on something (off topic). if you want to PM me with your answer that is ok, otherwise I will just hijack your thread ;) My niece is going to NYC for graduation the end of May. She is also my babysitter. I usually give money to my nieces and nephews at graduation but was thinking of actually shopping for a gift this time LOL! Is there anything one might need as a tourist in NYC (besides a handgun LOL). I don't know what all they are planning on doing but I am sure it is the stuff all tourists do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter