Help me plan my parks for Memorial Day weekend/week

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Blue32, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Blue32

Blue32 DIS Veteran

A little help from you WDW vets out there. My wife and I will be in WDW for a conference the week of Memorial Day. We will have two days plus one half day to visit the parks(Sun. 5/26, Mon. 5/27, and 1/2 day on Tues 5/28) . We have the option to purchase a 2 day ticket with a bonus trip to a waterpark.

We have been to DL but never WDW. Since we have no kids with us for this trip, the things we really want to do are all the headliners and main attractions in Epcot, do the headliners and main attractions in MK, and spend some time at one of the waterparks. With this in mind can you all help with sorting out our park days and basic strategy?

EasyWDW says that MK is a park to avoid that Sunday and Monday because of crowds. We are most likely staying onsite and can use the EMH's at MK on Sunday night but I am reading different reports on how the evening EMH's affect crowd levels.

These are the 2 scenarios I am thinking might work.

Sunday May 26th - MK at rope drop until noon-ish. Take a long rest until maybe 8pm and then go until 12 or 1 am.
    Monday (Memorial Day) - All day at Epcot
    Tuesday- Waterpark from 9am-2pm

Sunday May 26th- Waterpark
    Monday (Memorial Day)- Epcot
    Tues.- MK from 9am-2pm

My biggest concerns with these plans are the evening crowd levels on Sunday Evening, and the limited amount of time at MK on Tuesday. Any opinions would be GREAT!

2. mommy2jack

mommy2jack Mouseketeer

If I were you I'd go with option #1... although actually if I was at WDW with out kids I would be at MK from rope drop until it closed at 1am... Maybe take a break to have dinner, maybe... but that's just me! :lmao:
    Epcot is probably your best bet to go to on Memorial day.
    I definitely would not plan to do MK on Tuesday. That doesn't seem like enough time and what if you get stuck somewhere and are unable to leave by 2. I would definitely stick with the waterpark that day!

We are actually planning to go to MK on Memorial Day. We are fully expecting it to be crowed, but that's our last day at WDW and we like to end it at the MK.

Have a great trip!

3. Blue32

Blue32 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply. Actually, MK is open until 2 am on Sunday with the EMH's. But we really want to be at Epcot for Rope Drop on Monday and I figured taking a rest on Sunday to stay out late and get up early on Mon.

Any tips for avoiding crowds when we come back to MK at night? We will probably have a car.

4. Andrea817

Andrea817 Mouseketeer

Touringplans.com has MK listed as the "best park" to go to on Monday the 27th as far as crowds go if that means anything :)

We will be in Epcot on Sunday the 26th, and MK for Memorial Day!