Help me plan a beach day

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
We will be at DLR for 10 days, so on a blocked AP day, I'd like to go to a beach....

You know that beach scene in Soarin' (over California) where it's dusk and the waves are so peaceful and beautiful. That's what I want to experience in real life.

There are four of us: me, DH, DD (20), and DS (14). We are thinking Saturday, June 3. I know we won't get in the water. We are Texans and we get cold in the evenings when we visit DLR. I just want to relax and soak in the beauty.....and probably grab some food at a good Mexican place. Then head on back to DLR. I don't know if we will eat first or watch the waves first. We won't have a car as Lansky is picking us up from the airport. So I'm thinking we will rent a car in Downtown Disney.

I'm thinking of leaving around 3 or 4 pm. Maybe being gone about 4 hours. Any suggestions, recommendations, or tips?

The Alamo rental car place in DTD will likely be closed by the time you return from the beach, if you plan on leaving Anaheim about 3-4pm. So just plan on having to return the car the following morning. Or maybe the Alamo rental place in DTD has a drop box where you can leave the keys after hours.

This article on the DLR Prep School website has a good review of some local beaches near Anaheim.
http://dlrprepschool.com/disneyland-rr-nearby-beach-destinations/

crystal cove, definitely. It's a longer trip from Huntington Beach but definitely worth it. It has the rocks that you are looking for. It's located between Newport Beach and laguna. If you want a nice dinner, eat at the beachcomber, right on the sand. Put your name in, take a nice walk, explore the tide pools, and come back in time for dinner. If you like burgers, theirs is great. It's not on the dinner menu, but they will make it for you anyway. For a less expensive option, you can get hot dogs at the shake shack on the hill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter