Help me pick what resorts to split stay

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
I am just starting to plan our trip for Feb 05. We are not doing the world this year :(

Our group is myself, hubby (not a huge Disney fan, but goes because he loves me), DD 11 and DD 15.

We will be staying 7 nights. I want to do the first three at a moderate with the silver plan. I will either do POR Riverside or CS. We have stayed at both before.

We will then do the next four nights conceirge. We have stayed at AKL conceirge in 03. Hubby did not go on this trip so he has no idea what he missed. We loved AKL but wondered if we should try something else. Since Feb. is usually cool Y&B loses some of its appeal with pool. The Boardwalk's location has great appeal. The Poly sounds like they have loyal conceirge fans.

Give me your suggestions, likes, dislikes, etc. I have lots of time to plan, but since this trip is going be $$$$$ I want to book early and spread the pain out. :crazy: :crazy:

Hubby gets ill when he thinks about how much we spend at Disney. He would rather put the money toward a new show horse.

Renee

we stayed WL concierge in december03 . this was our first stay using concierge. we havve stayed WL many times before.

i was not that impressed with WL concierge after reading all the reviews of other resorts concierge.

the menu's each night really did not have much of a variety and the desserts and cordials were the same each night. after 8 night you get pretty bored of the same thing.

the views were great and the convienence of just grabbing a hot chocolate or coffee before we board the bus to the parks. but many times we ordered a pizza or went to roaring forks for burgers and things.

i did not use them much to book any reservations and the one time i did they didnt know any numbers of where to call to book a sleigh ride. they were friendly it was nice to get off the elevator and hear "welcome home"

we stayed one night at the grand floridian concierge for one night after our wedding the view was beautiful of the castle but we didnot use any of the concierge and ordered room service..

i have also heard that the poly is great and that is where we are hoping to have our next stay.

jen

Bump Bump Bump

I know you guys have some opinions!!!!

We split a ten night/eleven day honeymoon b/w Contemporary and CBR and we loved both resorts equally. We love the fact that you can walk to MK from Contemporary or hop on the monorail or even have a character breakfast at Chef Mickeys which we think is the best in all of the parks/resorts. As for CBR, the atmosphere was everything we could have wanted; we felt like we were in the tropics. The views were incredible, the food court isn't bad and the transportation was great. As you can see, we are actually hooked on CBR. . .and can't wait for our trip!! Good luck planning - sure you'll find a lot of help on these forums!!!

Why don't you get an AP and get some discounts for these rooms!
That's how we always are able to stay at deluxes and do concierge, at least twice a year!

All you need is one adult AP to get great room discounts as well as other perks!

click here to get more AP info!

Whenever we split up our trips, I like to pick a resort in each "area".

Some combos we've done in the past....
PORS and Poly
Poly and Dolphin
GF, BWV, WL
Poly, AKL, Dolphin
Swan, Poly, YC
Poly and AKL

And, this time was going to be the CR and the YC, but, I had to put the AKL inbetween!

Of course, you could just do one resort for the whole trip, and we've done that many times...
it just seems like 2 vacations when you split the stay!
JMHO.....
:wave:

My choices would be POR (because it is a little closer to MK) and either YC or BWI. We have had a concierge room at YC with a view of the lake, pool and fireworks. We have stayed at BWI with a view of the lake but not the fireworks and did not have concierge services.

YC is a little further from the boardwalk action but nothing a quick walk or boat trip can't fix. It can be nice to be a little removed from all the hustle and bustle yet still be within walking distance of all kinds of activities. If it is warm enough to swim then certainly YC's pool cannot be beaten.

Our room at the BWI had a huge balcony. It was one of the rooms that face the courtyard but still had a view of the water. BWI is nice and you just walk out the door to get to all the activity. The big pool there has a big slide. When we stayed there it was a quiet time of year but they were doing some construction across the courtyard and we found the room to be fairly sound-proofed. We didn't hear any noise from the BW at night.

I am leaning toward AKL, Poly, or Boardwalk conceige. Since we have stayed AKL conceirge I know how wonderful it is. Tell me about Poly and Boardwalk.

Renee

My vote would be to split between Port Orleans French Quarter and either the Polynesian or the Wilderness Lodge. I have stayed at all three and have enjoyed them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter