Help me pick 9 days?

ShaunaM

DIS Veteran
We had narrowed down our next trip to the first week of March but have decided to wait for fall and Cars.

So I have been reading the Halloween super thread:scared1::scared1::scared1: OMG that is long!

Are there typically a lot of refurbs in the fall?

Is the week following columbus/gay days busy?

When do the halloween overlays go in?

We will likely go for 8 days in the park if you had your pick of days in the fall when would you go? We don't mind a bit of crowds if it is balanced with slower days. Really late hours we don't need. Minimal closures.
thanks for the help I am feeling a bit stumped...:confused3

Halloween starts mid to late September. If you want to do a Halloween party (which doesn't start until around Oct 1) then I'd pick late September going into October. Either that or end of October into November. (small works would be loses though)

We were there the first week of October this fall. I was worried about the crowd levels from what I read on here. The only really, really busy times I found were the overlap on days of the Halloween Parties. Between 4 and 7 were super busy. Other than than our longest wait the whole time we were there was about 40 minutes (Peter Pan's Flight) next longest was 20 minutes. We had a day and a half of rain which deserted the parks...that was awesome! Gay Days started on the Friday we arrived. The parks were very busy. Our last day in the park was the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. During the day was busier but the Halloween Party, the crowds were less than what we had seen during the days - unless you wanted character pics, those lines were long. Thankfully it was our last day and the only thing my kids wanted to do was hit the rides one more time. For 2012 Gay Days falls on the Columbus day weekend. I would avoid that weekend like the plague if you are worried about crowd levels. Overall, you will not be disappointed going at Halloween. It was an incredible experience!

Thanks for the advice ladies...maybe will go the week before Columbus day with our last day at the park on the Friday of the long weekend?

Does anyone know what to expect for refurbs in October? End of September?
Thanks Shauna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!