Help me make a Cruise Survival kit

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kkmcan, Nov 6, 2010.

1. kkmcan

kkmcan Official Mouse Fan

I was thinking of putting together a cruise survival kit for my parents for xmas. They are coming with us in Jan for the 2 night getaway and it will be their first cruise. I need ideas to see if this kind of gift will work. The only things I have so far are: motion sickness meds, sea bands, lanyards ( I have my old DCL lanyard I bought in the gift shop on board our first cruise), a couple of door signs, a photo album and ?????

What else can you guys come up with? We don't actually need that much stuff because it's only the 2 night and we are all just packing small duffel bags instead of suitcases.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. luvdamouse91

luvdamouse91 DIS Veteran

I would suggest a highlighter for use with the navigator, and maybe post-it notes.

4. com_op_2000

com_op_2000 DVC Member since '93; One Hour from WDW

I would suggest some kind of night light and a small extension cord for additional plug in items. Maybe a clock with a light in it.

5. CADisneyMom

CADisneyMom DIS Veteran

I would suggest a disposable camera.

I'm going to actually give my mom and my aunt the CC gifts that we get, except for a keychain if we get those since I collect keychains. Since I only get 1 backpack/bag then I'm going to give that to my aunt since she's never even been on a cruise before and I'm going again in April and can give my mom that one.

I'm only bringing a backpack for that cruise, I don't need anything more then a change of clothes basically.

6. Gigi22

Gigi22 DIS Veteran

Sunscreen SPF 30, lip balm with SPF, bug spray, hand sanitizer gel, clothespins for the drapes in the cabin, over the door organizer/shoe bag.

7. Deon.Newmankgyxc

Deon.Newmankgyxc Mouseketeer

that's a good suggestion

8. AmandaRG

AmandaRG DCL is my happy place!!!

Since it will be a short one, maybe a few $1 bills to tip for any room service?