Help me decide

FinallyDisney

FinallyDisney
July 2nd through the 9th and we definitely want to be in the Crescent Lake area. Which would you choose and why? BW, BC or YC? Thanks for your help!:)

I would choose BC or YC simply for the pool. It will be a HOT, CROWDED week at WDW and you will want some down time at the pool. Have stayed at all 3 and even though I actually prefer BW as a resort (I just love the feel of it, I think), SAB just can't be beat in the warm months. As far as BC or YC, I think it just depends on which decor you like better.

I would choose BC or YC simply for the pool. It will be a HOT, CROWDED week at WDW and you will want some down time at the pool. Have stayed at all 3 and even though I actually prefer BW as a resort (I just love the feel of it, I think), SAB just can't be beat in the warm months. As far as BC or YC, I think it just depends on which decor you like better.

I agree! Looks like you have kids OP, I think you'll really appreciate the pool. BC is just a short walk to Epcot, the boat to the Studios is at the YC. The bus to MK stops at YC first, so it is often easier to get a seat on the bus, less risk of standing. YC lobby is usually quiet with mostly adults meeting up; BC lobby is lively with lots of families waiting for their Cape May meals. Room sizes are the same, walk to pool enterances, Beaches & Cream, & the Boardwalk is about the same. If you are planning quick service from the Marketplace, BC is a better location for that.

If none of those things matter to you, book whichever hotel has the room category available that you want. You can't go wrong with either one! Have a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

depends....
if you have younger kids, i would pick the BC. the resort is very "lively" with tons of little ones, and character meals. the main pool is great for wading (it tends to get too crowded for actual swimming), and small children enjoy the sandy play areas. many feel that it is not relaxing, as the slide entrance is outside the pool area, and certain sections of the pool may not be easily seen, so parents have to be very vigilant.
the YC is quiet and elegant, and shares the pool with the BC and BCV's.

if you have older kids, they might prefer the BW. there are street performers (magicians, etc) every night, along with carny games, surrey bike rental, bakery (YUM!), restaurants (including EPSN), etc. the BW Inn pool is very serene. the main pool has a great clown slide, and there is usually room to swim as well as lounge chairs available. there is a separate pool/play area for little ones.
both resorts have pool games and movies, and both are within easy walking distance to EPCOT and DHS.

fyi, 8yo and up nephews & my own kids greatly prefer the BW :)

I prefer Bc/YC and if I want to go enjoy the Boardwalk venues it's a short walk away.

Thank you all for your kind responses. Our teen sons are 15 and 17. GF is still the ONE to beat but would love to try a resort that is in the Epcot area. I don't think we can go wrong with any of the 3 - maybe I'll let the boys decide. Your input is very helpful - many, many thanks! :goodvibes

Keep in mind that not all of the rooms at BC have full balconies. So if that is a make or break deal, then go for YC or BW. But BC is the closest to Epcot and the most convenient for food at the Marketplace. It is our favorite.

You can't go wrong with any of them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter