• PURPLE

• FIRE CORAL

• ORANGE

• RED

Results are only viewable after voting.

TwinPrincessMermaids

DIS Veteran
1002318_150957198439872_1200984247_n.jpg

I'm thinking of upgrading my tail prior to Castaway Cay next year. My tail has gone through 3 summers now. It's also green and I learned at CC, I do not have to wear the tacky neon yellow life jacket tied to my waist (I never inflate cuz I swim close to the bottom) if I have a bright color. So I may be better off getting a flashy bright tail where the life guards can see me. Obviously green won't do! I'm still keeping my green tail (have to! love it) but I'm also loving the whole Splash! orange look and some of the new fabrics that the company is offering.

I've nailed it down to 5 bright ones and just wanted to see what all your opinions were, if you wanted to help out! If anyone is curious about ordering a tail for themselves (come and join my pod sisters!) or their kids/grandkids, the company is mermagica.com .

As you can see, Twinkie mermaid has the Pink & Aqua, and Pod Sister has the Black (more of a silver), so I wouldn't be ordering those colors, but you can see my current green tail. I'd also not like to clash with Twinkie!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179479_116989261836666_2142710179_n.jpg
Green Tail:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/182923_123975791138013_395237943_n.jpg

I like all the choices really, but that's not helpful. :)

Before looking at the poll, my eyes went to Kona with Purple a solid second.

:lmao: that's awesome. You should make a video "how to get into/out of a mermaid tail" if for nothing else the comedic effect.

So once you're down there do you just sit and wait for someone to move you around? This sounds like a brilliant idea to get for my kids. They won't be able to get away!

:lmao: that's awesome. You should make a video "how to get into/out of a mermaid tail" if for nothing else the comedic effect.

So once you're down there do you just sit and wait for someone to move you around? This sounds like a brilliant idea to get for my kids. They won't be able to get away!

So funny dude. Actually I'm pretty proficient at the so called 'mermaid booty scoot' but you have to be careful depending on the surface.
Sand: :thumbsup2 Concrete?! :scared1:

I haven't voted yet because I have a question. I understand you don't want to "clash" with Twinkie but do you want to look similar? Right now I think there is a nice contrast between your "tail" and hers, so are you wanting to keep that difference?

Yes, I don't want to matchy matchy exactly. I actually think at this point, just about all of them will look good together... (so no, they don't both have to be pink etc. I'm going for really bright visibility and then when I don't need bright visibility for life guards, I'll switch back and forth to the green.)

Kona gold stands out for me too! I'm kinda jealous - do you reckon a near 40 year old could rock a green tail? I want one! My teenagers may disown me, but I think they are fabulous!

Heh. Not if they know what's cool! We get admirers of all ages, especially the teenage girls.

Scored me a margarita for all the photos I posed for on Coki Beach St Thomas.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/936890_105739749628284_60837150_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/923021_123975831138009_2038303817_n.jpg
Catamaran snorkel. That day was particularly funny. Our boat kept calling to other boats: "Hey, we caught a mermaid! What'd you get?"

It does make me work extra hard to keep in as good as shape as possible. This 31 yr old mermaid doesn't care if anyone things its cool or not! (Even though they love it.)

Btw, it is the most efficient way to swim in the water. You can push through the quads with a serious dolphin style kick instead of using ankles etc with the individual fins. I use only it and a pair of goggles now. Everything else weighs me down. I found I could free dive at least 20 ft depth to the bottom to retrieve people's snorkels etc because the movement is more powerful as a combo then as single flippers.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/182810_123975891138003_1601433850_n.jpg

Kona Gold is very pretty, but I just LOVE the fire coral color. It's a little different and I like that the design/pattern is a little more subtle. How fun!

I really like the atlantis one. For some reason it wouldn't let me vote. I think it would look really great with the other tails!

I chose the Kona Gold because I think it will look good without being too "matchy matchy". My favorite is actually the Atlantis but I understand you are looking for brighter colors. :)

I really like the atlantis one. For some reason it wouldn't let me vote. I think it would look really great with the other tails!

You can't click on the photo in my post, you have to click from the options above in the poll. If you are doing that, I don't know what to tell you.

Unfortunately I already have a 'green' tail so I can't go with Atlantis because I would blend in with everything from the surface. (Probably not a bad idea as far as sharks go haha) but it won't help visibility, so I picked the top 5 bright contenders (without picking gold. not sure why, but I'm not feeling the gold...)

So if you try to vote for Atlantis, it won't work, since the poll at the top is limited to KONA GOLD, PURPLE, FIRE CORAL, ORANGE and RED.

I like it too, I bet it would look neat!

I've seen the swim fins before but now you have me intrigued since I never thought about the power you could get behind it. Where do you get the fin and what brand is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter