Help me decide...April 2016 or June 2016?

corinne76

DIS Veteran
Help me compare: Anywhere between March 28 and April 8th (We'd go for just one week, but DD has 2 weeks for Spring break, either week is fine by me) or around May 31st/June 1st til, IDK a week or so later.

Not dedicated to specific dates obviously. Just we have 2 weeks for spring and school ends May27th, though I'd probably wait til after Memorial Day weekend.

I'm wondering how they compare as far as crowds (hoping our spring break doesn't coincide with tons of other schools) and weather. And maybe park hours.

Thanks for any help! I appreciate you all!

Thanks. I did check that calendar and see SoCal blockouts, but I didn't see any school spring break dates or end of school dates listed.

I was actually thinking of leaving HAwaii on the 27th at night ... and then I realized when Memorial day was :scared: yeah, no thanks

I have gone the past 2 years right after memorial day and the biggest downside is Grad Nites. I hate them so much. This year I did not renew my AP at my usual date of late may so that I don't feel like I need to get one last trip in during grad nites.

I would personally go in April

I have gone the past 2 years right after memorial day and the biggest downside is Grad Nites. I hate them so much. This year I did not renew my AP at my usual date of late may so that I don't feel like I need to get one last trip in during grad nites.

I would personally go in April
Thanks for your help.
I'd actually love to go in april, provided our spring break isnt the same time as everyone else's. Peek spring break just sounds so crowded!

Thanks. I did check that calendar and see SoCal blockouts, but I didn't see any school spring break dates or end of school dates listed.
The second post has the school break information.'

It's worth mentioning that at this point, we don't know when the Diamond Anniversary Celebration will officially end. Things like Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever fireworks, and WoC: Celebrate are likely to continue for several more years, but the decor, other entertainment, merchandise, food offerings, etc. will likely end at some point in 2016. The guessing at this point is that the official celebration will end either before or at the end of the summer in 2016. So if you wait until June 2016 to go, there is a chance the Diamond Celebration will be over.

Last edited:
If you can wait until late June after the So Cal APs are blocked and the Grad Nights end...I would do that. You get full entertainment each day, long hours and few (if any) refurbishments. We have gone the last few days of June/first few days in July the past 3 years, and love that time. We go at rope drop, and get a ton done the first few hours.

I went at the beginning of June this year. There were 3 Grad Nights when I was there and the AP's were all valid. It was awful! I am going at the end of June next year. I will never go when there are Grad Nights again. Very unpleasant.

The second post has the school break information.'

It's worth mentioning that at this point, we don't know when the Diamond Anniversary Celebration will officially end. Things like Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever fireworks, and WoC: Celebrate are likely to continue for several more years, but the decor, other entertainment, merchandise, food offerings, etc. will likely end at some point in 2016. The guessing at this point is that the official celebration will end either before or at the end of the summer in 2016. So if you wait until June 2016 to go, there is a chance the Diamond Celebration will be over.
Omg I didn't even think to check that post. Sorry!
I'd love to see the 60th stuff, but honestly, my kids don't care either way so it's not a huge deal. It would be awesome to say we went and saw it all though

If you can wait until late June after the So Cal APs are blocked and the Grad Nights end...I would do that. You get full entertainment each day, long hours and few (if any) refurbishments. We have gone the last few days of June/first few days in July the past 3 years, and love that time. We go at rope drop, and get a ton done the first few hours.

I went at the beginning of June this year. There were 3 Grad Nights when I was there and the AP's were all valid. It was awful! I am going at the end of June next year. I will never go when there are Grad Nights again. Very unpleasant.

Late June is fine for us too. I never considered past the beginning of june since I figured it would be full blown summer crowds. How bad is the crowds in late june, early july?
And heat? How hot is it? I have a neurological disorder and heat exacerbates my symptoms

It gets crowded as the day goes on, but nothing compared to X-mas/New Years IMO. I like that the hours are long so we can take a break at the hotel/pool to cool off. The temps are not too bad either. They are worse in August-September.

It gets crowded as the day goes on, but nothing compared to X-mas/New Years IMO. I like that the hours are long so we can take a break at the hotel/pool to cool off. The temps are not too bad either. They are worse in August-September.

thanks!
We did go in the very beginning of June 2 years ago and DH liked the weather. It was sunny but there was a slight chill in the air we just don't get here in Hawaii.

The thing about April too, I'd be worried about rain :(

We went right after Memorial. I loved that the parks were running max operating hours & show schedules. We stayed GCH and the hotel didn't seem overly crowded. But I hate grad nights. Ugh. We ran in to one in DL one evening and hid out at Plaza Inn that night, not so great. We did DCA the other grad night and it was fine. I liked going that time of year because we were able to get a discount on our hotel room which we otherwise could not have afforded (the Disney hotel discounts ended after the beginning of June for this summer). Just plan on staying out of DL on grad nights. The grad Nite dates will be available online a couple months before your trip. Sorry I haven't been to the parks during Spring Breaks so I can't compare.

We are going end of June also, we actually have to wait until summer baseball is over but last year we went end of July it wasn't horrible either we always got their right after opening and got a TON done in the mornings then went to our room to swim in the afternoon then back in the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter