Help Me Choose

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jimmiej, Oct 22, 2013.

1. jimmiej

jimmiej I invented the Naked Segway Tour

4 day/3 night trip, Feb. 7-10, 2014

2 adults (WDW vets), no kids

1) Art of Animation, with park tickets

OR

2) Wilderness Lodge, without park tickets

Thoughts?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

Two adults, no kids, February. For many reasons, not considering $, I would choose WL. It might be cold out, so the indoor access rooms would be a plus. As adults, you may wish to have a nice TS dinner at Artist Point, and the Territory Lounge at WL is a great place. I also like the fun of WCC for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They do have a hot tub there, a plus. Boat service to MK. A plus. Bigger rooms with balcony, a plus. This is my opinion only, and I can't know all your other considerations.

4. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

Well that depends...do YOU care if you go to the Parks? If no, then WL.

For me a Disney trip is about the Parks - so AOA with tickets would be the only way to go.

5. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

I would go with park tickets all the way!!

If I weren't visiting the parks, I'd take that $350/night and stay somewhere truly deluxe, not Disney deluxe.

6. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

I could never go to WDW without going to the parks. I enjoyed WL, but it would kill me to see MK from afar and never get to go. Definitely choose ANY resort with park tickets.

7. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Those are two really different trips. But if I was going to pick a WDW resort for a non park trip it would be WL. We stayed there at the same time as you have planned just last Feb and we loved it. We went swimming most days. There is a lot to do there since Fort Wilderness is a quick boat ride or walk away. There are two hot tubs and you can relax, watch the geyser go off and stare at beautiful Bay Lake. So if you want a non park trip, this would be the place to go. :)

8. henry72

henry72 DIS Veteran

I would need to go to the parks so AoA would be my choice in this scenario.

9. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

I wouldn't choose to stay at WDW and not go to the parks. If these are the only 2 options, then I would go with AoA.

10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

WL without park tickets would be my choice.

11. summersalt

summersalt DIS Veteran

I would die being that close to MK and not be able to go in. Have you considered the Disney resort at Vero Beach? You would have the Disney experience without having the parks so close to be a temptation.

12. jimmiej

jimmiej I invented the Naked Segway Tour

Thanks for everyone's help. New development. Since this is a surprise trip for my wife's birthday, her boss offered to pay for our airfare (as her gift). :goodvibes

I decided we can't go to WDW without going to the parks, and since the airfare is paid, I compromised with the resort, and went with POR. Now, I can afford tickets.

:cool1:

13. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

Excellent development. How nice of your DW's boss. Enjoy!

14. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

Great news! POR and POFQ are my favorite resorts. How nice of your DW's boss to pay the airfare! Enjoy your special stay. :)