Help me choose

SCmom3

Mouseketeer
We're looking to stay in a rental in Windsor Hills. It will be me, DH and our children 4, 3, and 14 months. I'm leaning towards renting a townhouse to have the private splash pool and to be able to park right in front. The condos seem to be priced much lower. Any suggestions? Also, if anyone could recommend a specific rental, that would be appreciated. I've looked through so many that they are starting to blur together.

We're looking to stay in a rental in Windsor Hills. It will be me, DH and our children 4, 3, and 14 months. I'm leaning towards renting a townhouse to have the private splash pool and to be able to park right in front. The condos seem to be priced much lower. Any suggestions? Also, if anyone could recommend a specific rental, that would be appreciated. I've looked through so many that they are starting to blur together.

I hear you! We've stayed at WH in a townhouse before and had a great time. We rented through vacationcentralflorida before and had no problems but I wanted to see what all is out there so I sent an inquiry through windsorhillsrent and wow I am trying to go through them all. There are so many different price ranges, I am throwing out the high and low and basically looking more towards the middle. The condos have really a lot lower prices but we stay in condos in Florida (beach) and I just really liked the townhouses better. You drive right up to the door, it's great! Good Luck!!

We really enjoyed out stay at Windsor Hills last year, stayed in a townhome (mickeys world 2). Loved the parking next to the door, it made getting back and forth to the parks so incredibly easy. Something to note with the age of your kids is that the "splash pools" in our expierence are at least 5 feet deep. So our kids couldn't be in the pool without us in with them or without some decent floaties. We ended only using the splash pool on the first night, and then spent the rest of the time at the big pool, so if you are paying extra for the townhome for the pool that might be something to consider. But the parking can not be beat!

Good luck
Gina

I am not going to be much help, but I want to give you some things to consider. With a toddler, a town house may pose a problem because of the stairs and no baby gate... A lot of town homes have a bedroom on the bottom floor. If that is the case in these town homes, are you comfortable with the family split up on two floors? Some people are, some people aren't.

Other than that, the splash pool in the townhouse would be so much easier for you than lugging all the kids and all the stuff to the main pool. We like having our own pool because not everyone needs to go to the pool at the same time. If one of the kids needs a nap, that is fine, the rest of us can be at the pool with the screen door open so we can hear for the kids. I can make dinner while my DH and kids are in the pool, once everything is in the oven or whatever, I can join them. The kids beg to go to the pool in the morning. I can have my breakfast while they swim...

Thanks, y'all make some good points. I don't know where our son will be sleeping next year. We cosleep now but I have hopes of him being in his own room by then. I may reconsider some condos instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter