Help me be okay with my resort

I just tried the Pop for the first time and liked it a lot. You'll have a great time and won't worry about it once you are there. I agree to use the savings to do the VMCP.

I would stay at POP; love it but I ran the cost on the free dining deal and for us 4 adult diners it was the same price to stay at a moderate. At POP we'd have to pay to upgrade to regular dining; staying at Coronado Springs it was included. We are staying at POP in a month!!

I have been to pop many times, most recently a few months ago, and not once have I had a room that i felt needed renovating. All rooms were always very clean and nothing was torn or worn out. Are you sure we're talking about the same resort here??

We love pop. It's a lot of fun. 60s Lakeview is the best section....stunning view. Plus if you drop crackers or bits of bread in the water (by the bridge connecting to AoA) a ton of massive turtles will come up to the surface. Really neat to see. We love the pool side entertainment staff. Theyre actually one of the best I've seen compared to the other values and mods we've stayed in.

Yes, we were quite surprised that this happened since so many reviews were positive about POP. The first room, the trap on the sink was leaking. Water ran all over the bathroom floor and they couldn't fix it until the next day so they moved us to another room after we had to walk back up to the main lobby. The next room, when we got there, the handle on the door fell off and it wouldn't unlock with the key. After a second walk up to the lobby we finally got a third room that was perfectly fine. Then some friends of ours had the same issue this past summer. There first room had a water leak from the room above, the ceiling had about a 2 foot diameter brown stain. When they pulled the comforter back, the sheets were brown from the water leaking onto the bed. Their second room hadn't been cleaned as there was a ring around the tub, toothpaste spit left in the sink and the carpet was in need of a cleaning. They counted 6 separate stains at least the size of their hand around the room and this was at 5 or 6pm. Their third room was just fine.

I have no doubt these were just bad luck chances since there are so many positive reviews. However, since that was our first stay at POP, it will be our last for quite some time. We've had much better luck at every other resort we have stayed at.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm sure we will have a great time and we are excited to be going in November since it's been 10 years that we have gone during this timeframe. We are excited for my mom to come and I'm thinking we may try and do a speciality cruise as a surprise for her birthday. I want to come up with something great, since she will be celebrating number 60. We also want and do the Christmas party. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm sure we will have a great time and we are excited to be going in November since it's been 10 years that we have gone during this timeframe. We are excited for my mom to come and I'm thinking we may try and do a speciality cruise as a surprise for her birthday. I want to come up with something great, since she will be celebrating number 60. We also want and do the Christmas party. Thanks again!
Bring your mom down to the food court to do the twist or do the hustle one day if you happen to be at the resort during the times it's done. It's always fun! :goodvibes

In 2 weeks we are going to POP when we drop our daughter off for the college program. I am so looking forward to it. We have not stayed there since AoA was included. It is just a fun resort. Also you will have your mother along to enjoy her grandkids. You never know when that will happen again.

I actually am looking more forward to this than my November trip with my boys at CBR.

Personally speaking, our first trip on site was at POFQ. Our 2nd at WL. 3rd was supposed to be Pop but I couldn't do "downgrade" like that so I switched to CSR and regretted it. The last time was at Pop and I worried so much but I loved it. Of course it's not POR or anything like that but it has so much to offer. And AoA is just across the beautiful hourglass lake. Take a stroll. Take advantage of the poolside activities. I enjoyed it a lot & wouldn't hesitate to go back. I'd heard all the hype from the Pop fans and didn't understand until I saw for myself. There's a lot to enjoy and I'd choose it over any other value or even a couple of moderates.

I booked POP with FD for our stay in Sept. I would have preferred a mod like POR or CBR but when I was booking the only rooms available with FD were preferred/more expensive rooms and I just couldn't justify the cost difference between them and POP, even with upgrading to DDP. So, POP it is! I'm sure I will enjoy the stay just fine, but at this time, I'm still disappointed that it isn't at a mod. We stayed at AoA last year and walked over to POP and ate at their foodcourt. It looked like a fun resort!

We've stayed at POR twice and I could not wait to go back to Pop - which we are in 13 days :) I like the Pop's food court and buses better than POR's. Also the atmosphere at Pop was much more fun! At POR we liked the slide at the pool and the rooms felt a little bit bigger - not enough reasons to go back, although I would like to try POFQ.

We've stayed at POR twice and I could not wait to go back to Pop - which we are in 13 days :) I like the Pop's food court and buses better than POR's. Also the atmosphere at Pop was much more fun! At POR we liked the slide at the pool and the rooms felt a little bit bigger - not enough reasons to go back, although I would like to try POFQ.
We really like POFQ. It's our favourite moderate! But we love Pop!

I totally get where you are coming from. Pop is nice for a day or 2, but it just isn't relaxing. Too much noise in the main building, no trees or nature around. The food court gets CRAZY, too. Also, there are really no comfortable shady areas to lie at the pool. To me, Pop and POR are like apples and oranges. Not even comparable. Wish I could help you feel better, but I feel your pain.:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter