HELP!! Is the Blue Fairy in Pinocchio based on Carole Lombard?

NancyMouse

DisneyGeek
Okay all you fellow DisneyGeeks...this has been driving me NUTS! Some time ago I vaguely remember hearing that the artists for Pinocchio based the appearance of the Blue Fairy on the legendary film actress Carole Lombard.

PLEASE Please please puhlease respond if you have any info that confirms this, along with the source because I've been racking my brain trying to remember where I saw/heard it!

Thanks in advance!
NancyMouse

According to Leonard Maltin's 'Disney Films' book section on Pinocchio, Marjorie Belcher was the model for the Blue Fairy. (She was also the model for Snow White.)

Hey, thanks Hedge! :)

Now I've just gotta find a Carole Lombard bio that says her real name was Marjorie Belcher! (no, it wasn't!)

thanks again Hedge...must have been a rumor...or all those drugs I did in the sixties...no, couldn't be...maybe all the drugs my parents did in the sixties? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter