Help--I'm planning a June trip

ehmo3

Earning My Ears
I've been to WDW several times, but have never stayed in the park. Planning on doing this in June with my family. We have 3 small children (oldest is 4) and want to know if anyone has any suggestions for us on where to stay. Also trying to find out any discounts possible. Thanks for helping.

Welcome to the disboards. You've come to a great spot for opinions. There are 60,000+ members each with a different one, lol!

With small children I would choose to stay at a monorail resort as you will undoubtedly be at Magic Kingdom a lot. We've stayed at the Contemporary and our next trip is planned for the Polynesian which we have loved touring every trip. The Contemporary is usually a bit cheaper than GF or Poly. Another option for closeness in the Wilderness Lodge. There rooms are set for 4 but you must have one under three in a crib if your oldest is only 4yrs old.

Our three boys are now school-aged and we are sort of stuck taking trips during summer and school breaks. When ours were younger we really enjoyed vacationing in the off season. If you are set on June then go with it but remember the summer is pretty crowded, Florida in the summer is obnoxiously hot and it rains nearly every day. On the plus side the parks are generally open longer hours so you can do more. Our last trip was in June and we said never again after it rained every single day. Typically the rain lasted 2-3 hrs but we found it disappointing. Our upcoming trip is for Christmas and we will have to fight the crowds. Seems there is always a trade-off when you have schoolagers.

Hopefully, summer discounts will be coming out soon. The current discounts run thru mid-April.

Good luck!

No discounts for June....that I know of....yet. We are keeping our fingers crossed for July discounts.

Where to stay? Well this really depends on how much money you want to spend. We've stayed at the All Star Resorts before and enjoyed it but we've also stayed at the Carribean Resort too. This year we are staying at a deluxe (but won't know how that is until July). Take into consideration that you do not spend much time in your room. All "regular" rooms at any WDW resort, whether it be a value, moderate or deluxe, are your basic room - two beds and a bathroom. The rooms get slightly larger the more money you spend. Right now the value resorts have discount codes for $77/night until mid-April.

Good luck on deciding.:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter