Help!! I'm getting very different cruise prices!

pjadtl

Mouseketeer
I booked my last 2 DC's with AAA. I'm going through cruise-itis pretty bad right now :sick: and I'm looking for a cheap crusie. I was told on another thread to try All Seasons Travel. When I check the rates for Fl residents and compared them with DCL website the prices are dramatically different. In some cases, by the thousands! I'm looking for 2 adults/2 children Cat 9 or 10. DCL quoted $3200 on one of the cruises and All Seasons quoted $1200?! I read the small print and it said 2 adults, 2 kids 3-9 ( Ineed to add for my 10 yr old) including all taxes and port charges. this just seems to good to be true for a 7 day cruise. Am I missing something here?? :crazy:

No you are not missing anything. DCL might have added trip insurance to their quote or you could be looking at two different cabin categories. Call Tom at all seasons travel right now. He is the best and will make sure you get the best price and help you secure a good room in your choosen category.

:wave: Tell him Kerry from the DIS boards sent you!

Are you getting Florida Resident rates from DCL? I have always booked with a TA when getting the Fl Resident rates so not sure if you can do this on line through DCL or if you would have to call. Disney also includes trip insurance and transportation when you get a quote online. $1200 for a family of 4 does sound like a great price for 7 days. I'm wondering if Disney is starting to feel a pinch with their higher than other cruiseline pricing. I have noticed DCL ads on the radio. Don't remember that in the past and they seem to be giving out Florida Resident Rates a lot more frequently. Let us know what you find out.

Carol

The difference is you are looking at the regular rate on the DCL site probably with transfers & insurance added in. The FL rates save you quite a bit!

I agree. I haven't been able to figure out how to get FL res rates online on Disney's site. We saved $1,000 on two staterooms for the 11-night special, and three years ago, we paid $599 each for a 7-day. When they need to, Disney does give good rates.

pjadtl said:
I booked my last 2 DC's with AAA. I'm going through cruise-itis pretty bad right now :sick: and I'm looking for a cheap crusie. I was told on another thread to try All Seasons Travel. When I check the rates for Fl residents and compared them with DCL website the prices are dramatically different. In some cases, by the thousands! I'm looking for 2 adults/2 children Cat 9 or 10. DCL quoted $3200 on one of the cruises and All Seasons quoted $1200?! I read the small print and it said 2 adults, 2 kids 3-9 ( Ineed to add for my 10 yr old) including all taxes and port charges. this just seems to good to be true for a 7 day cruise. Am I missing something here?? :crazy:

I would check again for the 7 night as $1200 is too low. If you look on their website at the 7 night cruises that are listed for fl residents all of them show
$2500 and up for a quad. I priced out resident rates with them just last month and the rates were nothing like that. I would call again as there must be some misunderstanding.

Florida resident rates are exactly the same whether you book them through Disney or a TA, sometimes you will get OBC from the TA but the rates are exactly the same. Make sure that insurance and transfers aren't included and you have to speak to someone at DCL, you can't do it online. I

Thanks everyone for the info!
I know the website they did originally include insurance but I took that out. I know I could not include FL resident rate but I can't believe it would save us that much?? That's great.
I had heard that the rates were the same everywhere besides OBC so that's what threw me off. I will call both and find out for sure. I'll keep ya posted! :thumbsup2

So sorry! The quote form AS was not $1200- it was $2200!!! :crazy: Just noticed that. Just had to point that out!

What dates were you lookingg at? If you found $1,200 for 4 people, WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!
I am looking at their site now and the lowest I found was $3,000 for 4 people at any time.

I don't have it up right now but I believe it was 8/20 Costa Maya cruise. I haven't had time to really look it over.

Here are the prices for FL residents for the 8/19 Costa Maya cruise. The first price is for double, 2nd for triple, 3rd for quad and the 4th on Cat 4 is for the 5th person. The $100 you see at the end gets tacked on if the child is over 12. The cheapest stateroom for this cruise for 2 adults and 2 kids if they're under age 12 would be $2262 for a Cat 11

August 19, 2006 7-Night Disney Cruise to Costa Maya
(Stateroom totals, including all port charges and government fees)
Florida Resident Rate

Double Triple Quad Quint 3rd/4th/5th

Category 4 Family Verandah $2681 $3222 $3762 $4303 $100
Category 5 Deluxe Verandah $2481 $3022 $3562 $100
Category 6 Deluxe Verandah $2281 $2822 $3362 $100
Category 9 Deluxe Oceanview $1681 $2122 $2562 $100
Category 11 Standard Inside $1381 $1822 $2262 $100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter