HELP!!!! I need your help deciding!!!

WellingtonR

Earning My Ears
Currently have a reservation for Fort Wilderness cabin for the week after Thanksgiving but Disney is now offering me the following options: Stay at Coronodo Springs (another moderate level) for $600 less or upgrade to Fort Wilderness Lodge Resort with bunk beds for $2 less than the cabin. I've been telling my son about the bunk bed thing since we made our reservation last December and he's so excited so I think Coronodo is out of the picture but is it worth it to lose the kitchen and private parking spot. What are the plus's and minus's to each? What about holiday decoration (which is why we chose November) and what about park transportation? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Currently have a reservation for Fort Wilderness cabin for the week after Thanksgiving but Disney is now offering me the following options: Stay at Coronodo Springs (another moderate level) for $600 less or upgrade to Fort Wilderness Lodge Resort with bunk beds for $2 less than the cabin. I've been telling my son about the bunk bed thing since we made our reservation last December and he's so excited so I think Coronodo is out of the picture but is it worth it to lose the kitchen and private parking spot. What are the plus's and minus's to each? What about holiday decoration (which is why we chose November) and what about park transportation? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

They are saying they would move you to the Wilderness Lodge, right?

The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful, it's an amazing resort. Are they offering you a bunk bed room at the Wilderness Lodge? Sounds like that would be great for your needs. (Those rooms also have a queen bed.) The Lodge has nice transportation--buses and boat, two restaurants and a quick service. Not to mention a guyser as well as an amazing pool!

Personally, I would not choose Coronado springs. It's an OK resort, but it doesn't remotely compare to the Wilderness Lodge.
You probably know this, but the sooner you make a decision, the better. You have options now, that's a good thing! :thumbsup2

WellingtonR said:
Yep...fort wilderness resort lodge included a room with bunk beds

You are mixing two things. Fort Wilderness campground and cabins, and the Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort. They are not far away from one another but they are two different resorts.

Stayed at the Lodge in 2008. Fantastic place to stay. Room with bunk beds great for a family of up to four. Pool is fantastic. Quick service location is great and the food is good with fast service. Roaring forks restraunt is amazing and your child/children will love the antics of the wait staff. Did not goto the lounge so cannot comment. The store in the lobby has much more than just souvineers (food beverages etc...) because of the proximity to the Villas. Laundry room is good. I have stayed at the Music, Boardwalk and am planning another trip to WDW in 2014 (going to disneyland 3/26/2013). Plans are to split time between contemporary and beach club but the more I think about it the more I am leaning towards going to Beachclub and Wilderness Lodge and forgetting about Contemporarybecause the WL IS THAT GREAT.

Id move to WL also. SO beautiful when it's decorated for the holidays.

I also like CSR so if saving $600 is up your alley you can't go wrong with that choice either. For the holidays though I think you'd be really happy at WL. You still get the boat to MK and the WL is all one building and inside so it's great for unpredictable weather. It's more compact than CSR or the campground/cabins

I would keep the cabin! We loved having the kitchen and the deck! The only thing we didn't like was that you have to take an internal bus to get to the bus stop that go out to the parks. It does take extra time!

There are tons of activities for kids, and the campgrounds are all decorated for the holidays.

I just got back from a trip staying in the cabins and they were great! I loved having the option of making myself some french toast every morning and having the dishes cleaned for me when I got back after a day of parks. That said, the cabins resort is huge so if you're relying on Disney Transportation, it is one bus to the lobby and another to the park, adding up to 30 min every time you go to or from your cabin (you did mention the parking spot as an advantage so that may be moot).

That being said, I have stayed at CSR in the past and it is very pleasant. A little farther away from most things (not far from the All Star Resorts) but very comfortable (just don't rent the little boats, the marina is small so they have them geared down so they don't go very fast)

I've never stayed at FWL but I have toured the property and it is gorgeous.

I suppose your decision comes down to what matters most... Price, go with CSR. Convenience (kitchen) go with the cabins (proximity) go with FWL. Luxury definitely go with FWL.

Or if you plan on having any non park down days then I'd give the cabins another consideration. There is a lot to do there besides sleep. there is the campfire sing-along hosted by Chip and Dale followed by a movie, or the canals where you can rent canoes or bay lake where you can rent boats, or go on a fishing excursion, there is a petting zoo, horseback riding, and little pocket parks with playgrounds all around the property.

Hope this helps, although I feel like I may have given you too much to think about and maybe more questions than answers!

Thanks for your suggestions!!! I just couldn't give up the opportunity of staying in Wilderness Lodge with bunk beds for less than what I was going to pay at the cabins. I showed my son the waterslide at the pool and the bunk beds and he said it was fine with him, so I booked it. The agent said it's a courtyard view but they were going to put in a request to see if we can get a higher up room so maybe, just maybe we would be able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Again, thanks all.....it was a tough decision!!! 28 days away from LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter