Help! I Need to find a Smokey Mountain Cabin for Christmas

Liz&Griff'smom

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have decided to take our children to the Smokey Mountains during Christmas break. They have never been before and I am anxious for them to see the mountains. When I was growing up, my parents took us every year. Back then we always stayed in a hotel or campground. We have decided to stay in a cabin. When I went online to look for cabins, there were SO MANY. It was overwhelming. :scared1:

Does anyone have any previous experience renting a mountain cabin? If so, I desperately need your input. We are looking for a reasonably priced (No more than 200 a night) cabin in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Something that is clean, relatively secluded and has a nice view. Thanks! :goodvibes

I am packing for my trip to the smokies right now. We leave on Friday morning. Let me know how many bedrooms you will need and what area you want to be in and I will see if I can help you.

I use black bear lodging. You can also look on ebay. BUT the chances of getting a cabin for $200 a night at Christmas time may be slim!!! Also It snows a lot, they recommend a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I have gotten cabins from ebay before. Look for "angel loft" Its small but three bedroom. then you can look at the sellers other cabins. they are all nice. Good luck...

We are staying in a cbin with cabin Fever Vacations. Last year we stayed in Cosby for $750.00 for the week. This year our cabin is in pigeon Forge and has a private indoor pool but we are paying a whole lot more!

My husband and I rented a cabin in the smokies for our honeymoon and had a really great experience with Starr Crest Resort. (www.starrcrestresort.com) They have TONS of cabins to pick from and in just about any price range! We stayed in "Wild Thing" which was really large and out of your stated price range...but if all the cabins are as clean and comfortable as ours was, you're sure to have a great time! :) Check them out!

My husband and I have decided to take our children to the Smokey Mountains during Christmas break. They have never been before and I am anxious for them to see the mountains. When I was growing up, my parents took us every year. Back then we always stayed in a hotel or campground. We have decided to stay in a cabin. When I went online to look for cabins, there were SO MANY. It was overwhelming. :scared1:

Does anyone have any previous experience renting a mountain cabin? If so, I desperately need your input. We are looking for a reasonably priced (No more than 200 a night) cabin in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Something that is clean, relatively secluded and has a nice view. Thanks! :goodvibes

WE always go with Eagles Ridge about once a year!! ABout 5 minutes from "action-packed Pigeon Forge" BUT feels very high up in the mountains and secluded. BEautiful cabins too!

Try Patriot Getaways. We used them a few years back and are on their mailing list. They send us things all the time trying to get us to rebook. Christmas is a peak season in the Smokies (second only to the fall color peak in October). We were very satisfied with Patriot: clean, well equipt, easy to work with. Keep in mind when you rent a cabin the price listed on the web sites do not include tax (we have 2 in TN- the sales tax and depending on the county there may be a "tourist" tax), sometimes a service fee, and definately a cleaning fee (after you leave).

You could also try Vaction Rental By Owner. Our inlaws take about 12 people every fall to Naggs Head and use this company and have always been really happy. They have rentals all across the US. I think the web site is vrbo.com

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for you suggestions. This will make it alot easier for me. Now I have somewhere to start. I plan to book it in the next few days. I will let you know what I picked.

Hinodis - I looked on the Cabin Fever Vacations website last night and saw the cabins with the indoor private pools. They are VERY nice. I lost my mind and tried to book one for Christmas. The cabin was booked during our visit. I am glad because it was way out of our budget. Have a great vacation! :goodvibes

We stay with Hidden Mountain Resorts about 4 times per year, so much we are in the process of purchasing our cabin we always stay in...but I would suggest them. BUT, stay on the east side because the west side is VERY secluded and wooded and if it snows, you WILL have to have chains on your tires to even think about getting to your cabin. The East side is right down from the outlet mall and it's super easy to get to no matter what weather and we've stayed at every type of weather. They are VERY reasonable too.

Wow!!!! I had no idea there was such awesome lodging in this area!!

I don't know if we would ever leave the cabin but what else is there around the area that you guys have loved?

Can anyone tell me which airport you would fly in to

McGhee-Tyson (TYS)

Knoxville is 20-30 mins. away (give or take depending on which way you go and where you end up renting). It would definately mean getting a rental. It is an easy drive though.

Wow!!!! I had no idea there was such awesome lodging in this area!!

I don't know if we would ever leave the cabin but what else is there around the area that you guys have loved?

I love the Smoky Mountains! There is the national park. It is a beautiful drive through the mountains with viewing stops along the way. It takes you from Tennessee to Cherokee, North Carolina. Along the way is Cades Cove. It is a historical village with beautiful scenery and occasional bear sightings. You will also find Clingmans Dome, which makes you feel like you are in the clouds.

We also love Dollywood. A wonderful amusement Park owned by Dolly Parton.There are hundreds of other things that make the Smoky Mountains great. I would look on www.mypigeonforge.com. for more information. It is definitely worth visiting.

Does it have to be a cabin? This past Christams we stayed at "The Wilderness at the Smokies" in Sevierville. It was really nice and has a lodge theme. They have different type and sized rooms, some with kitchens. It has an indoor waterpark.

We went to the Black Bear Christmas Spectacular, Christmas night. It was awesome!

The Smoky Mountains are gorgeous. My inlaws have a vacation home there. I hope you find a cabin and have a wonderful trip. We were there at Christmas last year, no snow at all up on Bluff Mountain, but you never know when it will pop up.

Twice we have used www.auntiebelhams.com/Gatlinburg/gatlinburgcabins and once vrbo.com. All were in good areas, great views, clean, and just right for us. One was a 2bdrm/2ba, and was around $150.

Should be able to find just what you're looking for. I remember being so overwhelmed trying to decide, and had to learn fast to avoid the "luxury" cabin rental sites!! Happy hunting!

Oh, and don't forget to plan a visit to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatl., it's definitely worth the admission!! :fish:

We are staying in a cbin with cabin Fever Vacations. Last year we stayed in Cosby for $750.00 for the week. This year our cabin is in pigeon Forge and has a private indoor pool but we are paying a whole lot more!

We used Cabin Fever for our honeymoon and we loved the cabin and the service was good too! I highly recommend them.

Has anyone heard of cabinsforyou.com? I saw a cabin that I like on their website but I am worried about using them because I have never heard of them before. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter