Help! I just put curry powder in my chili

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by akhenaten, May 6, 2009.

1. akhenaten

akhenaten <font color=green>Lucky for husband, the neighbors

Help!! I was making Chili and grabbed curry powder instead of chili powder....sprinkled some on before I realized ....
    can this chili be saved????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kittychatalot

kittychatalot DVC since 02/09 BLT

But i was curious how it turned out. i love curry so i bet i would have loved it!

4. snookhams

snookhams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

One way to cut down the strenght of spice if you add too much is to cook a couple of peeled potatoes in the stew, chilli, curry etc as they seem to soak up some of the flavour and make it milder - you can just discard them when you serve up

5. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

That works for too much salt too:thumbsup2

6. akhenaten

akhenaten <font color=green>Lucky for husband, the neighbors

Sorry to disappoint , but i chickened out... I had not added anything else to the beef yet...so I actually rinsed the ground beef and just went ahead with the regular chili ingredients...

7. kapow

kapow Earning My Ears

I use it in my black bean soup, garam masala is also pretty good. I saw the post and thought I bet that chili was great. Kinda like " help, I put a habanero 3 jalapenos and a teaspoon of cayenne and 10 garlic cloves in my chili, what do I do? A little curry in spaghetti sauce is great too. I usually cook tomatoes to make the sauce. Once you develop a taste for it you'll be putting it on your ice cream. And your body will thank you.