HELP...I have a question!!!

Disneymom9598

Earning My Ears
We are booked at the Pop Century Resort for Jan 7th to the 15th. I just booked a regular room when we reserved some time ago. But my husband underwent surgery for his problems with Chron's disease and though he is now fairly up and at 'em...(I stress fairly)...I am thinking it would be best for him to be closer to the busses and food court in the event he wants/needs something. As for the parks, we will get a wheelchair if he feels he needs one, since its important he not overdo it. If it is for medical reasons can you request this without having to pay for a preffered room?

Yes, call CRO and tell them what you just told us. They will put in a request for a close building because of medical reasons. They will not "guarantee" the request, but they will do their best to honor it.

Oohhh good question. I think they may charge you 10 dollars more a night for a preferred location (closest to the main bldg.). You can call and ask. Maybe someone has more info than me!

you know as long as your in the 50 or 70 buildings your are totally fine....your just as close as the 60s building....so call em and tell em your situation but if they give you a hassle then just request one of those...we stayed in the preferred our first time..but then the second we were in the 70s and found to be just as close....

MY DH has Crohn's, and one of the reasons we go back to WDW again and again is because he can spend the entire trip using a wheelchair without it seriously interfering with the vacation. He doesn't use a chair at home, but there's no way he could do WDW without it.

If his surgery was within the last six months, I'd strongly encourage intending to use the wheelchair for the entire trip - otherwise, by the time he "needs" the chair, he'll be too worn out to enjoy himself anyway. All the WDW resorts have chairs available for you to borrow for the entire length of your stay. (although avail. isn't guaranteed) You will have to put down a credit card or cash deposit of $200 (that's what it was in 2002) Call the hotel directly and arrange this, which is also when they'll tag you for a ground floor room if necessary. They'll put you as close as they can to everything, but with so many of the hotels, close to one thing is far from another thing, etc. so having the chair right there morning, noon and night is ideal. Disney trans. is also exceptionally easy for someone using a wheelchair.

There are also places in Orlando where you can arrange to rent a chair for a week, or you can borrow one at home and bring it with you. We've become quite accustomed to travelling with a chair, and have our own now. Except for Disney and major trips to Walmart, it sits in the garage most of the time, but we're glad to have it when we need it.

Thank you so much for all the advice...and Disangel....we both know how rough it is to have your loved one suffer with Chron's. It is a horrible disease.
We leave tomorrow....and are very excited. Have a Disney Day :) :wave:

Follow the link in my signature to get to the disABILITIES Board.
Near the top of the board there is a disABILITIES FAQs thread that has information about all the different ways to get wheelchairs (at the parks, from your resort or from one of the outside rental companies - with contact info). You might want to consider renting an ecv - it would give him more independence and no one would have to push him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter