Help! How does SkyAuction work?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by utahkennedys, Apr 14, 2006.

1. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

My husband is actually going to Jamaica for a few days where he used to live, and they appear to have some great deals there for hotels, but I am not sure how this works...Is it truly like an auction and the highest bidder gets the room?

Sorry to ask this here on the Orlando boards, but I know I have seen people talking about it before.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

yes that is how it works.

but read the ad carefully - but sure to include the $32 (?) per night fee in your calculation.

make certain that there are no more charges...

there will be a $20 fee I think - but only $20.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

also go look elsewhere - especially for hotels - don't bid more than you can get on another site

www.expedia.com
    or
    www.travelocity.com
    or
    www.hotels.com

I don't think that hotelkingdom or hotelmartusa can help you - since I think both are usa only.

5. utahkennedys

utahkennedys DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! I did notice that one of the hotels, with the fees, was cheaper on Expedia since the rate is per person on Sky Auction. :sunny:

6. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

If the rate is per person on Skyauction, that is normally because it includes an air-fair. Most hotel (room only) auctions are not per person, but per night plus the Skyauction fees & taxes (they usually run $32 per night per room..)