Help for the math challenged

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Elmo007, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Elmo007

Elmo007 Mouseketeer

Last year we (DH & DW) went to POP for a week in December. While we were trying to decide if POP with QS or Port with TS was a better dealm we were offered TS at POP (I have no idea why)

This year I am going with DD for 4D/4N. She would probably eat better at QS than TS. Besides I figure we will spend more time in the parks than eating. It occurs to me however that we will need to do at least 1 if nor 2 Character breakfasts.

So here is where I cant do math.

If I get POP with QS and the only TS I want is 1 or 2 breakfasts, am I better off upgrading to a moderate hotel or just buying a breakfast or 2?

If there is no FD, am I better staying off property and eating at BK or MCD which is probably what DD wants anyway?

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. marcielm

marcielm DIS Veteran

The price difference to upgrade from a free QSDP to the DDP for four nights, 1 adult & 1 child (ages 3-9) is only $48. You will spend at least that at 1 TS breakfast. Just because you have TS meals, doesn't mean you have to spend them as TS credits. Many have said that they have had luck paying for a QS meal with a TS credit. Doing this will be WAY cheaper than upgrading from a value to a mod.

As for staying off site... me personally, I'm not a fan. I love being on property, and right in the middle of everything! :rotfl: And if you are off site, you can't do the dining plan, so all food is out of pocket. I also like to have it ALL paid for before we go, with only minimal cash needed for tips & such.