Help!! Dolphin or AKL?!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneymore2, May 3, 2013.

1. chasgoose

chasgoose Mouseketeer

Yeah, but they are typically priced closer to disney moderates. Given that they offer a more deluxe experience I see those fees as things Disney builds in to the prices of their deluxes anyways (and the swan and dolphin are almost always cheaper than a Disney deluxe, even when you factor in parking/lack of ME and the resort fees).

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

Just to clarify for folks reading along -

The only "Disney luxuries" that S&D don't participate in are are DME and room charging privileges at the parks. Oh and you can't get a dining plan - but we use tables in wonderland instead so that doesn't affect us and you can get a nice AAA discount at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants.

They do get the extra magic hours, Disney park transportation (shared with BW, YC & BC) Complimentary package delivery to the resort gift shop and free parking at the parks. There is a Disney concierge at both resorts for ticket purchases and dining reservations as well as a Disney gift shop at both hotels.

I would also have a hard time choosing between AKL and the Dolphin if the prices were similar. Since we visit Epcot and the Studios the most I would probably choose the Dolphin. I also think there are more restaurant choices in the Boardwalk area if that is of interest to you. We really like Big River Grille - esp if its nice enough for the outside dining.

Either way you can't go wrong :)

4. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

hmmm..... Based on the little experience I have with both I like the Dolphin better b/c of location...AKL is so nice, but it is SO far away from everything.....

5. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

Because it is only two nights, I would choose the AKL. The parking fee and the resort fee are two things that drive me crazy, and really take away the discount on the room. We love the Epcot area, but AKL is worth it for a short stay. Have you checked into renting DVC points at BWV or BC?

6. disneymore2

disneymore2 Mouseketeer

Yes I added all the fees together to compare apples to apples... I'm staying on june9-10 would that be too late to renting points?? Not sure how to do?? Would need to be at 200 a night.