Help decide on a dining time!

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
We're going to MK in August and I have 2 reservations right now for BOG. Not thrilled with either time so trying to decide so I can cancel - I'm trying not to be one of 'those people' that tie up spots esp at hard to get places.

at Be OUr Guest -

1st is 10:45: My thoughts are skip breakfast, have donut/pastry in the room and have a very early lunch. Concern is it cuts into morning park time. That's only 1hr 45min of prime AM ride time to get in before having to stop for a meal.

2nd choice: 1:45: Still plan on being at rope drop since its DISNEY IN AUGUST :) Slightly more substantial breakfast at hotel at the quick service, snack on popcorn/churro etc then LATE lunch after having more prime morning touring. It's just late but I'm leaning that way so not to give up prime morning touring time.

We have not gone in summer with the kids in a very long time so I forget the misery of the crowds and heat. Just afraid to go long periods w/o feeding the Beasts!

Thanks for your thought!

I would stick with the early time ADR. You've got an hour and 45 minutes to do some serious riding, then you'll need to relax. Make your first fp for about 11:15am - 12:15pm. So you can eat, ride and then use another fp at 12:15pm.

Personally, I'd keep the 1:45pm reservation and do what you said: Have a healthy counter service breakfast (protein!!!) and a fun snack in the park to hold you over until your BOG lunch. If you all feel like you need something more substantial between breakfast & lunch, you can get something like one of the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow (maybe share one between two of you) or even get soup or something like that, but I think you'll be fine as long as you all have a real breakfast (not just a sugary pastry). 10:45am is too early to me for lunch and waaaaay too late to skip a real breakfast, not to mention that is PRIME park time! :)

Think I agree. the 10:45 was the first one I got so grabbed it. Last week the 1:45 popped up. I'll keep checking but I make my FP's soon. You're right on the protein too! thx

I would do the 1:45. More park time in the morning and with a later lunch, you'll be zigging while others zag, which means more rides for you. I purposely booked the latest lunch seating partly for this (and also because I want to enjoy the place while it clears out).

I'd go with the 1:45 later lunch as well. Keeping the morning hours uninterrupted is a plus, and grabbing a quick snack in the middle sounds like a good plan. Have fun at BOG- it's one of our favorites!! :)

I would keep the 1:45. That is the hottest/sunniest time and perfect for sitting inside in air conditioning.

We had exactly 1:45pm BOG ADR on last trip. We always have bagels with/peanut butter in the room in the morning for breakfast. We didn't want to waste time sitting down for mid-morning snack, so we had a couple of bars and got some ice cream around 11am. We were able to use all 3 FP+ before lunch. Problem with late 1:45pm BOG was that dining hall was a zoo and backed up. We didn't know you could order food in advance, we ended up waiting 20+ minutes to get to kiosks, then it took a while for food to come out.

When we've done ~11am BOG lunch, I remember crowds weren't as big, dining room less busy. During busy summer, you can expect lines start getting long 10:30-11am anyway, so we didn't mind doing an early lunch, we were there at rope drop and had gotten a ton of rides done.

At this point, since your FastPass booking is soon I would wait until after that to make a final decision. I would lean towards keeping the later slot though.

I would lean toward the earlier time but it depends on what you are planning for the remainder of your day. Are you going to take a break outside of the park? Are you going to return to the park in the evening? Or, are you going to make it a ¾ day and leave around 4pm and call it a day? If you are doing a ¾ day I would do the later lunch but expect it to be busy. If you are breaking and returning to a park in the evening I would do the earlier lunch. If you are doing rope drop you are likely going to tour until about 10:30-11:00 successfully without using fp+ but then you are going to need them. So, I would tour without fp+, break at 10:45 for the earlier lunch which will likely have reduced crowds, and then use fp+ after the meal and then get out of the park (grab a 4th fp before leaving) and return later for evening entertainment and anytime attractions

Another vote for 145. Its super hot that time of day and the break will be nice. I snagged a 1050 yesterday for our trip next week. I'm going to take it, but will continue to try for a later ADR.

I would go with the 1:45 reservation. I love the opportunity to have our morning free to squeeze in as many rides as possible before it gets too crazy busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter