HELP!! DD15 needs Cinderella Costume

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by blessedby3, Sep 6, 2005.

1. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

I dont know if anyone has a suggestion for me, but my DD15 has been asked to play Cinderella in a musical she is in. I am looking for a Cinderella dress or look-alike dress that wont break the bank. Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, she will need a wig to go with the dress. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, she is SOOOOO excited. Her dream is to work at Disney in the Beauty and the Beast show playing Belle someday......

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

I don't know what won't break the bank but disneydirect has an adult cinderella costume and accesories. You would make most, if not all, of your money reselling it.

4. AspiringCindy

AspiringCindy <font color=FF66FF>Craved Spam.....the unidentifie

Lillian Vernon and Lilly's Kids has a beautiful Cinderella costume...I don't know what the largest size is though!

5. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

here it is. On sale for $70 and free shipping

[​IMG]

They also have the headband and gloves for $14.50

a 10% off code is DMC10

6. imsayin

imsayin DIS Veteran

Try looking on ebay at bridesmaid dresses.

7. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

8. jahexom

jahexom Mouseketeer

Are they doing the Disney Cinderella or the Rodgers and Hammerstein version? Clothing choice would be different for the R & H. Is the school sponsoring the musical? Do they not provide costumes? Just curious, the others choiced are really beautiful if she is doing the Disney version. Sorry I can't actually help. And congrats to your DD.

Jen

9. rockyroad

rockyroad DIS Veteran

This one is too "skimpy".

I wish you lived in Memphis, my sister in law could help you.
    She draws out a pattern, sews a trial dress out of inexpensive fabric and fits it, then uses that as a pattern on the "good" fabric.

There are a few commercialy available patterns that might work.

10. missmulan

missmulan DIS Veteran

11. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

Thanks for all the replies. This is helpful. $70 would break my bank. The one on ebay is beautiful. I will have to measure my DD and check on that one. THanks again for the help. I knew you guys would know where to look. Any suggestions for a headpiece? THanks

12. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

My DD needs a size 14 and that seller stops at that size but the measurements don't fit, they are really cute for the smaller kids. I got DD Tinkerbell at Disney Direct with all the codes it was $40.00, I hope it fits.

13. 39CINDERELLA

39CINDERELLA Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince

BUYCOSTUMES.COM~They are not cheap$$. princess:

14. 39CINDERELLA

39CINDERELLA Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince

15. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

If you look at the seller's other auctions she has both headpieces & gloves. She might be able to help you.

For the poster who needs a larger size, email the seller. She may just not have that size listed. When I was ready to buy, the dress that I wanted wasn't listed anymore. I just requested if she still had some & she set up an auction for me that day. :)

Thanks, Jen. :) I would buy this one in a heartbeat for DD if her other one didn't still fit. There is the cruise in 2006 though...she should have outgrown that one by then and she will be 6. :)

16. tlbwriter

tlbwriter Does this look infected?

My Dress Up Trunk has an adult-sized Cinderella costume for $49.99 with free shipping. The description says it fits sizes 6 to 16 (yeah, right!) The full-length picture they show is a child, but I've seen the adult size on their website before and it looks pretty much the same. They also have a head shot that shows part of the adult costume, along with the optional headband and choker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. luckey-lasvegas

luckey-lasvegas All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities

There's one at Oriental Trading for $49.95.
    Go to a fabric store and ask for a reccomendation for a seamstress, buy the fabric yourself and have it made .

18. ElizaB39

ElizaB39 <font color=blue>Males with udders? What WERE they

deleted

19. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

I went to my local GoodWill store & got a long blue gown (same color as Cinderella's. Only difference is that it doesn't have the white puffy's on the hips. It has a sash on the back that I am going to sew onto the sides. All I need to get are the long white gloves. The dress ran me under $8 & it looks as if it was worn once.... size tag is very stiff & dress very clean.....

20. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

One of our local theatres rents their previously used costumes to the public. It's not real cheap, but they have some incredible things. I've done this a couple of times when DS17 did shows at theatres that don't provide the costumes. You might call around and see if any of your local ones do the same.

Sheila