Help a newbie out!!

kirbyx5

Mouseketeer
Okay Dis-family. I am currently planning our first trip to WDW. We won the Disney time sweeps contest and hope to travel in October. Here is the lowdown on our family. Myself (34), Hubbie (37), DS (13), DS (9), DS (8). DS8 has sensory issues which often lead to meltdowns. Our family loves to try new foods and are excited to travel to florida. If you could give me any one tip from your family to ours what would it be? This could be food tips, kid tips, packing tips, anything!! TIA and Go!!!:goodvibes

Oh yea Ive been to DL about 5x, DH has been to Dl 2x and WDW 1x (as a kid, and DS13 has been to DL when he was 2. Not sure if that info is needed!!

Okay Dis-family. I am currently planning our first trip to WDW. We won the Disney time sweeps contest and hope to travel in October. Here is the lowdown on our family. Myself (34), Hubbie (37), DS (13), DS (9), DS (8). DS8 has sensory issues which often lead to meltdowns. Our family loves to try new foods and are excited to travel to florida. If you could give me any one tip from your family to ours what would it be? This could be food tips, kid tips, packing tips, anything!! TIA and Go!!!:goodvibes

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!! How cool is THAT? (lucky you guys!!)

I suppose the first order of business here is to find out where you will be staying and what type of food (plan) if any you'll be using. Then you can get lots of tips.

I would also suggest you post all this info on the Disney for Families thread ...thinking you will most definitely get a lot more useful info and tips over there.

http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=23

I'm going to break this down into a few post's-- (I'm at work)

Disneyland and Disney World are SO completely different.

I start with notebooks... one for each park and one for Downtown Disney and dinning. Its easy to mix up parks and hotels.

Read as many trip reports and dinning reports as you can and take notes on what you think your family will enjoy.

I'm pretty sure we cant add any of the dinning plans with our trips. Food will be our biggest expense.

Check the prices here and get a ball park idea before you go. http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Be back with more!

I LOVE to plan!!!

We eat all brealkfast and late night snacks in our room.

We order from Garden grocer and have water, pop, beer, milk and other items delivered. It really helps save on the cost.

Spend time at the hotel! Rest time is a must!

Were going to try and stay at the Beach Club. Its super close to both Epcot and DHS and the pool looks awesome!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter