Help- 1/2 chicken recipe from AKL Mara!

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by kittychatalot, Apr 27, 2010.

1. kittychatalot

kittychatalot DVC since 02/09 BLT

Hi All- I need the recipe for the 1/2 chicken served at the Mara at AKL. I have called and emailed Disney, even right after my trip, and have gotten no response. This is my mom's fave and I want to give her the recipe for mother's day. TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

Have you checked out our Disney recipe thread? It's quite large & has a separate Index for easy reference. If it's not there you can add your request to the recipe thread, one of our recipe collectors may have it at home. If you have the name of the dish and not just a description it would be even more helpful

4. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

I'll add this to our Request list for the thread greeneyes mentioned. I did check several sites that have WDW menus & they all seem to call this "1/2 chicken dinner" so that's how I'm posting it. Guest relations is being really good right now about responding to requests for recipes so you might try to contact them again about this, but you will probably not have it in time for Mother's Day as it's so close now.

Just a thought...have you tried making the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken that they serve in Boma? It's possible that this is the recipe they use for Mara as well & just call it something else. We make that quite often & use it for the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad, which is awesome! :teeth: That recipe can be found on pages 76 & 145 of the Disney recipe thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103

5. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

I'll add this to our Request list for the thread greeneyes mentioned. I did check several sites that have WDW menus & they all seem to call this "1/2 chicken dinner" so that's how I'm posting it. Guest relations is being really good right now about responding to requests for recipes so you might try to contact them again about this, but you will probably not have it in time for Mother's Day as it's so close now.

Just a thought...have you tried making the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken that they serve in Boma? It's possible that this is the recipe they use for Mara as well & just call it something else. We make that quite often & use it for the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad, which is awesome! :teeth: That recipe can be found on pages 76 & 145 of the Disney recipe thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103

6. kittychatalot

kittychatalot DVC since 02/09 BLT

I have never actually ate either- but my mom looked at the durban one and did not think that was it, but who knows! Thanks all!