Hello from PA.

rusr47

Earning My Ears
My name is Bob and I have been reading these threads for about 3 years.
My wonderful DW and I will be celebrating 30 years of marrage at POFQ this september. I have learned many things reading these boards and would like to thank you for all your help. We have been to Disneyworld 4 times, the last time staying at POFQ. We just fell in love with this resort and can't wait to get back to heaven. I do have a question. What are the discount codes I keep reading about. THANK YOU.

Welcome to the DIS!!! My name is Bob also.

I do have a question. What are the discount codes I keep reading about. THANK YOU.
Hi Bob !
welcome2.gif
to the DIS !
What part of PA are you from ? I'm from Lansdale (near Philly).
As for the codes. Disney sometimes releases discount codes for their hotel rooms. These used to be released on a much more frequent basis. Now they are far and few in between. If you go to the Disney resort/hotel boards, you will see a sticky on top of the page that provides more information. In addition to info that can be found there, you may want to check out this site as well : http://www.mousesavers.com/index.html
Click on "Walt Disney World" on the left side of the page, then click on "Walt Disney World Resorts" to find some more info. Mary, the owner of this site, is very good at posting discount codes when (and IF) they become available. Some people get postcards in the mail from Disney with codes on them. (I did once in the past 10 years and that was 6 years ago). These postcard codes are good only for the person they were issued to.
Hope this helps and welcome again to the DIS
:wave2: :yay:

What part of PA are you from ? I'm from Lansdale (near Philly).

I am from Guys Mills, pa. about 45 miles south of Erie.

Hello fellow PA'er... :jumping1: ..we are from southeast PA, outside of Philadelphia. I have recently joined the board as well, been a long time stalk...errrrrr....lurker!! Going back with DH and the kiddos in October!

Enjoy and an early congrats on 30 years!!! We are coming up on 9 years here.....yeah yeah and DD#1 is 11 - long long story. Anywhoo :welcome:

tlinus said:
Hello fellow PA'er... :jumping1: ..we are from southeast PA, outside of Philadelphia. I have recently joined the board as well, been a long time stalk...errrrrr....lurker!! Going back with DH and the kiddos in October!

Enjoy and an early congrats on 30 years!!! We are coming up on 9 years here.....yeah yeah and DD#1 is 11 - long long story. Anywhoo :welcome:

THANK YOU AND THE SAME TO YOU ( BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTERS)

I am also new here and from Pa :cheer2: . My son lives in Lansdale :thumbsup2 . I live near Coatesvile tho:rolleyes:. We :earsboy: :earsgirl: (my hubby and I are going to Disney World in Dec. of this for the 3rd time. We are going alone this time no kids :cheer2: :cheer2: . So this will be an experiance.party:

Peg :cloud9:

Hi All fellow PA'ers

I'm Tracy...Welcome to the Dis Boards to all the newbie's. I wanted to pass on a link to a Disney Meet that is being planned in Allentown for July. If you are interested please visit www.dismeets.com or go to the Just for Fun Forum on these boards and check out the meets thread.

Oh Yeah, I live in Quakertown

I am from Guys Mills, pa. about 45 miles south of Erie.
Hi Bob !
My son is a freshman at Edinboro University of Penn. Not sure how close that is to you (he's about a 25 min drive south of Erie)----it's a 6 hour drive for us to visit him (which we can't do all that much) from our home.
I also wanted to add about the room codes......if you purchase a wdw annual pass you can also qualify for some room discounts (AP discounts). Only one person in your party needs to possess one in order to get the AP room discount. The discounts tend to be posted only maybe 60 days out, so you'll need to book your room ahead of time and hope for a discount to pop up later which you can then have applied to your bill. Hope this helps.

And "hi" to Peg ! It's neat your son lives in Lansdale. I am familiar with Coatsville as well. As for Tracy---thanks for the link ! Quakertown is maybe 20 min north of me. I'll check into the meet.

Hello Bob & Welcome! I love POFQ too!

Enjoy your trip & Congrates!

Former Pa'er (Philadelphia) now living in Orlando

Hi Bob & Welcome to the DIS :wave2: !

Another PA'er here, I'm from just outside of Coatesville. Just wanted to share that my DBF and I just stayed at POFQ for the first time in February and loved it. POFQ is now our favorite mod. Hope you and your wife enjoy it as much as we did. :goodvibes

We're from MA (DH and DD and DS 10 yrs old.) We are trying to make our way to PA. One day .....

MiaSRN62 said:
Hi Bob !
My son is a freshman at Edinboro University of Penn. Not sure how close that is to you (he's about a 25 min drive south of Erie)----it's a 6 hour drive for us to visit him (which we can't do all that much) from our home.
I also wanted to add about the room codes......if you purchase a wdw annual pass you can also qualify for some room discounts (AP discounts). Only one person in your party needs to possess one in order to get the AP room discount. The discounts tend to be posted only maybe 60 days out, so you'll need to book your room ahead of time and hope for a discount to pop up later which you can then have applied to your bill. Hope this helps.

And "hi" to Peg ! It's neat your son lives in Lansdale. I am familiar with Coatsville as well. As for Tracy---thanks for the link ! Quakertown is maybe 20 min north of me. I'll check into the meet.
My son also is attending Edinboro he has 1 more year to go. Edinboro is about 1/2 hr from me.

:hippie: :hourglass I'm a PAer too... Near Stroudsburg... Going to WDW 9-16 to 9-23...
Cant wait.... :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter