Hello from Alberta

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by farjojo, Jun 6, 2013.

1. farjojo

farjojo Mouseketeer

Hi

I joined this site in 2008 as I was in the process of planning a Disney wedding in 2010. I did end up getting married but not at Disney unfortunately, just in our hometown in Wales in the UK.......but my family & I did emigrate to Canada in 2010 instead! :dance3: It is because of a Disney bride that we ended up in our new country. The lady in question ( thank you Summer-Caitlin!!)had already got married at Disney and had posted about possibly moving to Canada. I admit I got a tiny bit jealous as I had always loved Canada so I started googling to see if we could move away. I couldn't believe it when I saw that there was a visa specifically suited to my husband's job that enabled my family and I to move to Alberta. Seems like it was fate that I was always on the disney bride section of this forum at that time, just not fated to actually get married at WDW :)

Due to the costs of our new life in Canada, we couldn't afford the wedding we wanted too but never mind, I married my dream man almost 4 years ago so that's all that matters.

We are planning our very first WDW trip in May 2014 and I am annoying the heck out of my husband already with all things Disney :thumbsup2

Looking forward to getting involved in this great forum yet again.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyTXbride

DisneyTXbride Always the Princess

Congrats on the move to Canada, marrying your true love and on your first trip to Disney!!! Let me know if there are any questions you have! :)

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

Hi and welcome!

We're planning a return in 2014, to celebrate a bunch of things, including our silver wedding anniversary.

Do you have any idea of where you want to stay?

5. farjojo

farjojo Mouseketeer

Thank you. I am sure the questions will come thick & fast :)

Hi, we are going for 3 weeks so we are planning on staying offsite at a villa and also spending a few days at a Disney hotel too. When are you going? Congratulations on your silver wedding anniversary, I have a way to go until my husband & I can celebrate that one :goodvibes

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

We're planning either the last week of July or 1st week of August-- we're both teachers, so we only go in summer. Three weeks sounds heavenly, but we're a family of 5, so our trips are for one week.

7. RHMH

RHMH FTW Texas

Welcome back !!!! :cool1:

8. Turbanator

Turbanator Disney Fan

[​IMG]

Welcome to Disboards debbiela :wave2:

9. jesswindsor

jesswindsor DIS Veteran

Welcome Back!!!

10. farjojo

farjojo Mouseketeer