Hello, can I join you all...

~*Belle 2003*~

<font color=navy>I used to be indecisive, but now
Well I have been putting it off but I'm getting a bit depressed with how I look now, so time to take some action!

I did loose about a stone (how many pounds is that?) before our holiday in December and since we have been back I've put it all back on and more. :(

I'm only short and have always been pear shaped, and of course I love all the wrong things. My diet is appalling as well, I snack out alot on crisps, chocolate, cheddar cheese, etc. instead of having a decent meal everyday. I also leave out breakfast most days.

I was very strict with myself last time as we had our Orlando trip booked up so I had a date/goal. I just cut out all the "bad" things and the weight slowly but surely dropped off.

I have now gone tearful because deep down I long to be slimmer. I know I will never be svelt like but I want to like what I see in the mirror. I'm beginning to get embarrased going out now as well which is obviously not a good thing. :(

Anyway, the next step is for me to buy some weighing scales and a start date.

Any advise on how you all started as I want to succeed but I know it's going to be a rough ride, but I'm sure with your help it will be easier.

Sorry this ended up so long and thanks for listening!

Please don't be so down on yourself, you should be proud of yourself because you are ready to make a change. Once you set your mind to it, you just need to go ahead and start and not put it off. You have to want it for yourself and not because of others to make it work.

I had lost and was close to goal, started slipping and put back on some of what I had lost. I just decided, OK it is time to get back on track, it's not easy, but with this board and friends, you can do it.

Make sure that whatever type of plan you decide on that it needs to be something that you can stick to and not feel that you are depriving yourself too much or you will be tempted way too much. You need to find something that can be a lifestyle change instead of just a diet. You also need to remember to drink lots of water and that does mean more trips to the potty:D , and you need to start adding in some type of exercise. Take it a step at a time and don't go overboard in the beginning and then burn yourself out. These are some things that I have learned from personal experience.

Come to the boards anytime you need a lift and I assure you that you'll get what you need. PD to you on your new journey.

Welcome to our group and CHIN UP!!! You are a beautiful person no matter how you look. You're already on your way down so be happy!

I believe a stone is either 12lbs. or 20 lbs. We use to live in Australia and they used the term all the time , but I can't remeber which one it is? Anyone else help us out here? How about our other UK friends- do you know? Keep on working - you'll beloving that reflection before you know it! You lost it once you'll lose it agan!

Do you know what eating plan you want to follow? When you determine that we can helpyou a little more specifically.

I love the way you write! Even though you sound sad ( but you won't be for long!) , you hvae such a beautiful, poetic way of using words. I can tell what a sensitive and brilliant person you are. Please - just keep posting. We will help you all we can- and believe me, there are LOTS of people that are willing and ready to help!

Oh, Belle, what am I going to do with you? First of all, I'm really glad that you have come to WISH to get healthier. I need you in my support group :)

Secondly, we need to have a little talk about

I know I will never be svelt

If there is one thing I know for sure--without one doubt--it is that you <i>won't</i> become svelte if you keep that mindset. Why would you say this? You don't know how svelte you may become. Why don't we hold off on making a declaration like this until we have done <i>everything</i> in our power and still don't succeed? ( I haven't seen that happen <i>yet</i> on WISH ;) )

Okay, next I want you to post to our WISH challenge thread. I make up the member roster using that as a guide and posting to that thread is sort of like becoming an "official WISHer". You will find it right <b>HERE</b>

The next thing you need to do is to choose the nutritional plan that works best for <i>you</i>. We have WISHers following all different kinds of plans, so whichever plan you choose to follow you will find plenty of advice about it here. I follow Atkins, there are lots of WWs here and we have at least two Brits who follow the Slimming World plan. Let me know what you decide.

We are having a WISH chat Thursday at 7:30 pm BST (that's 2:30pm here in the US). I hope you can join us. There will be a reminder posted on most of the DIS boards by our chat host, KayleeUK. Please try to come to chat, I would love to get to know you better.

Okay, now one last thing. You need to work on believing in yourself. You simply must realize that you are an intelligent, competent and determined human being and that there is <i>nothing</i> you cannot do if you put your mind to it. It's true, you know. All of your WISH friends know that about you. You need to realize it too. <b>Believe in yourself</b> and you will succeed.

Onward and Downward!

Katholyn

Belle....Welcome. I have been in your shoes before, and the only advice I can give (other than what everyone else has already said). Is just do it!! You MUST be leaning towards one plan or another. Go ahead give it a try. What do you have to lose???

I am also on Atkins...so if you decided to do Atkins or other Low Carb thing...I will be here to answer any questions I can. If you decide to go with another type of weight loss...then I will be here to support you fully!!!

Whatever you decide, it really makes no difference. Just know that this is the FIRST step to making a HUGE POSITIVE change in your life!!! Now go get that Wish Cippie...(please)!!

Tracy

Hello and welcome, Belle!

Wipe away those tears! You came to the right place and we'll do our best to support you as you make healthy choices and changes in your lifestyle! :) Don't fret, a new you is just around the corner!

Are you planning to join a slimming club, try Weight Watchers, Atkins, or what? Do you have any idea what type of program you'd like to try? I am on Weight Watchers and I have had cheese for lunch nearly every day since I stared (March 9th). I am a cheeseaholic, so I was so happy to find a way to fit it into my new healthy eating lifestyle! (It's only brie, but I still enjoy it!)

Remember to be kind to yourself, be patient, make small changes and don't get overwhelmed. This will take some time, so don't get disappointed if you don't lose it all in a month!!! Move around as much as you can, get out and walk or find some video tapes that you enjoy and try exercising inside. Drink lots of water! And mostly, read all the posts that you can on this board!!! You'll soon realize that if WE can do it, YOU can too!!!

I'm so glad you joined us Belle! Next week at this time you will wonder what you ever did without this supportive group! WISH is truly wonderful.

Now grab up that clippie so you can show off to everyone that you are an 'official' member!
:D

Welcome to WISH, I'm fairly new too. I understand exactly how you're feeling. Although I've lost weight calorie counting in the past and with WW I'm currently with Slimming World. The weight loss is not as dramatic as Atkins seems to be but it does work and suits me as I'm not a great meat lover.

Whatever plan you choose you'll get a lot of support here.

Good luck!! :wave:

Libby

Of course there is always room for one more here! Welcome to WISH so glad you decided to join us. With the proper diet, exercise and support anyone can be successful at losing. You have come to the right place for support, that is your first step towards success.

Also, from my British friend, a stone is equal to 14 pounds.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. :)

I'm feeling alot more positive now, I reckon it was actually typing it out and making that decision to go for it!

I totally agree with what you have said Katholyn, no declarations about being svelte will pass my lips from now, promise! ;)

My Mum is staying with me for 2 weeks from Friday so I probably won't get time to post much. I am really looking forward to the challenge now, I feel alot more positive after reading your replies!

I had a chat with my DH tonight and he is going to cook me any low fat recipes that I find which is great. He loves to cook but doesn't need to loose weight so it will be seperate meals for us!

Thanks again my new WISH friends. :)

Wonderful news, Belle. I hope you enjoy your visit with your mother and I suppose we can let you get away with not posting much while she is visiting...if we <i>have</i> to ;)

So, you will be following a low fat plan? There are some great WW recipes <b>HERE</b> I think most of them are low fat.

Onward and downward, sweetie. You're a WISHer now and you are on your way to goal!

Katholyn

I don't have a plan to follow Katholyn, I'm not good at keeping to counting points, weighing food, etc., but I want to eat more sensibly, meaning proper meals instead of snacking out all the time. Last year I just stopped eating certain foods that I knew contained loads of fat I and I DID loose weight so I know it works! :)

I do need to start some sort of exercise routine as well so I think I'll probably buy a fitness video and get walking more, especially as the better weather is here now!

Welcome to the W.I.S.H. boards. Isn't everyone so nice here,

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter