Hello and Thank you all

SueJG

Earning My Ears
Hello to all you members here :cheer2:
DH keeps telling me I am unsocialable to not say hi to everyone so here goes...Hellooooooooooooo :rotfl:

DH as been planning this holiday for three years!!!:eek:
We had to cancel two years ago due to ME having an heart condition, I think it was the excitment of actually thinking I was going to DW!
Anyway it was not to be, but we are due to fly in 20 days :banana::banana:

I would just like to say a big thank you to ALL of you and this forum for helping DH to plan our holiday. Without your help we would have been in a bit of a mess really.
It's been fantastic to read of all of your experience's and to see all of your photo's of a place I have only dreamed of going since i was a small girl.

But the biggest Thank You of all must go to my DH for his patience all this time with planning and unplanning and planning again, you are a star :love::hug:

I hope to be back in a few weeks and share with you some of our experience's and picture's.

Bye for now :dance3:

Glad you are well enough to go - you must be so excited that you are going:cheer2:

Have you got many things planned - meals booked etc???

Awwww Sue, so glad you're excited and looking forward to your trip :)

I hope you and you hubby have a fantastic time. Where will you be staying and do you have anything planned for whilst you're there?

Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures and adventures once you're back home :goodvibes

Hello Samantha and Rachel,

Yes we have all of our ADRs booked and our intinery is all set out, thanks to my DH who I should add as been the member here for a long time.
You may have seen him post under the name of BoingBoingBaggie.
We are from the West Midlands (Baggies):lmao: and our 7 year old DD will be able to celebrate her 8th birthday while there.

Our lastest worry is the rules for tipping so any advice for that would be great, E.g. how much do you tip maid service and is this done daily or weekly? We are thinking that the norm is at least 10% at ADR but what about table service? We'd hate to offend anyone especially if they have given us a good service.

Thanks again.

:flower3: Hello SueJG and welcome again to the DIS.

Tipping - this topic is like a can of worms since everyone has their own view on what/who they should (or shouldn't) tip - there's a thread running about it now.

For our family, we tend to tip housekeeping (in any hotel, not just Disney) $1 per person. There are three of us. When DD was little, we only used to leave $2 for DH and me since I always cleared up after her; now she's a 16yo, someone else can have that pleasure when I'm on holiday;) We tend to leave this tip each day in case there are different housekeepers.

Bell boys who take your bags to your room - $1 per bag/case

Bartender - $1 per round

Valet parking - $2-3

Boat trips (we spend more time down on the southern gulf coast than Orlando:scared1: so go on boat trips/everglade airboats and the old captains are always pointing out that you should tip 'em:laughing:) - $5 per family

Meals - for buffet restaurants, only tip $1 per person. In full service, then it's "meant" to be 15-20% of the pre-taxed total of the meal

We've never had a problem tipping for excellent service in any restaurant, probably because the food and service are better than over here:snooty:

However, when you add it all up, these tips can amount to a few hundred dollars more on your budget - so just something to bear in mind.

I hope you all have the most wonderful holiday. All the planning will be well worth it, your DH really is a star:cool1:

Enjoy:woohoo::woohoo:
Annie x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter