Hello all! New from IL.

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by QueenofPrideRock, Dec 30, 2008.

1. QueenofPrideRock

QueenofPrideRock Mouseketeer

Why hello thar. I'm a senior in high school who's, shall we say, just a leetle obsessed with WDW. I seriously think it's genetic... two of my aunts on my dad's side are hardcore Disney lovers and DVC members.

I've been lurking around the CP boards, and that's mostly why I joined. When I was a little girl (heck, I'm only 18 now) I had this whole little plan worked out where I would be Ariel by day and an Imagineer planning rides and living in what is now the Cinderella Castle suite by night. Now that I've discovered the CP I'm starting to think it's not that far-fetched of an idea! (I also wanted to get married in Disney World, and have discovered that's not out of the question either. :lovestruc)

Other than that, I'm trying to juggle college applications, a part-time job, and all the joys of high school. Oh, and I keep trying to convince my parents it would be an excellent idea to return to WDW next December (when I'm on break from whatever college I end up attending).

I'm still trying to learn my way around the boards... abbreviations and smiley faces and signatures oh my!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Suellen

Suellen DIS Veteran

Welcome to the forum!

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

5. QueenofPrideRock

QueenofPrideRock Mouseketeer

thanks you. :) nice to see a fellow redhead, metro!

6. Disneydonnam

Disneydonnam DIS VETERAN

7. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

My high school senior also loves Disney. He has given some thought into doing the college internship program, but not real sure since nothing really fits into his major. We'll see how that all goes. Good luck with your last year in high school and your future college plans.

8. DisneyHolidayFan

DisneyHolidayFan DIS Veteran

9. ECVMommy

ECVMommy Earning My Ears

Hi there!!!

10. LaffTAF

LaffTAF Earning My Ears

Hi, Springfield here! I love Disney and I am 25

11. tiggerfan1

tiggerfan1 DIS Veteran

12. bluechic03

bluechic03 DIS Veteran

hello and Welcome! I grew up in Palatine, IL and went to college in Champaign!

13. LoveKermit

LoveKermit DIS Veteran

DH did the program. He was an accounting major at Iowa. Because he was a certified lifeguard, he was assigned to be a lifeguard at GF and was also a valet.

Nothing to do with his major, but he still talks about it--especially when we visit. And he was there over 10 years ago.

FWIW.