Helena Bonham Carter cast as Fairy Godmother

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Jun 25, 2013.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

'Cinderella' fairy godmother: Helena Bonham Carter

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Love Love Love her. I've never seen her in a role that she didn't do justice too.:goodvibes

4. Spacedog1975

Spacedog1975 Mouseketeer

She's always fantastic, but frequently plays dark. It'll be interesting to see her go a bit more light. Unless she doesn't...

5. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

She is my favorite, favorite actress!! I have loved her since Lady Jane. Fabulous news! Thanks for posting! This will be interesting to see how she approaches this roll.
    Though she has played "dark" mostly as of late, her parts in the Merchant Ivory films were not, I'm glad to see her play a different type of roll for a change.

Love her! :goodvibes

6. Kristibo42

Kristibo42 DIS Veteran

She is one of my favorites. I love everything she has done.

7. GenieCat

GenieCat DIS Veteran

She and Kenneth Branagh worked together on screen most recently in the Harry Potter movies.

8. Spacedog1975

Spacedog1975 Mouseketeer

Having just recently watched these, I don't think so. Brannagh comes and goes in #2 and Bonham Carter doesn't show up until #3.

9. Tinkerboy00

Tinkerboy00 DIS Veteran

I love her, but I agree she is usually in dark, villainous roles. So it will be fun to see her playing on the side of "good"

surprised Johnny Depp is not in it too, seems like they are always doing movies together.

10. >Ash<

>Ash< The Lost Caballeros

maybe portraying her as the evil step mother would be more her type but again maybe after playing belatrix in harry potter she feels shes already palyed a role similar and wants to move to somthing different.

personally i cant picture her being a "good fairy godmother" given her attraction to dark things like Tim Burton and frequently working with Depp.

she is a good portrayer of the outkast but maybe she is wanting to not get typecast and show us somthing else she feels she can do and do well.

put it this way, never found a movie with her i havnt liked!

11. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

I like and respect her acting immensely, but her first name. . .:rolleyes2. Now every person in the world thinks Helena is pronounced only like the the state capital of Montana.

(Yes, there are Helena's in my family, and they're not Helen-uh's: they're Heh-leen-a's. They DO live in South Louisiana, after all.)

12. SharkBoy

SharkBoy Earning My Ears

From Bellatrix Lestrange to Fairy God Mother. Will be very glad to see her in it, she's always a blast.

13. Dani C

Dani C DIS Veteran

Personally I can't stand her, but I love Kenneth so it can't be all bad.

14. hux

hux Earning My Ears

I think she always has been a very under rated Actress like or loath here she has been about and Successful for many years now! I like her a lot!:)