Heated water at atlantis

mom4fun

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the water is heated at Atlantis in the aqua adventure waterpark?

Well, their website doesn't say. The only clue is they refer to them as refreshing, which indicates to me they are not. And given the weather in the region, I would be surprised if there was ever a need to heat the water.

I cannot speak from experience, but I did have friends go last year in February and they said the weather was cold and the water was colder. They said it was a huge waist of money for them because the kids wouldn't even get in the water. They said the same about castaway cay. So apparently the weather and water isn't always warm. I hope it is warm enough for you to enjoy it!

I can confirm what PP has heard. We live in the north and therefore have low expectations of water warmth. But, when we were there in February this year, the water was relatively chilly-- especially in the morning. It warmed up later in the day and there were a lot of people in the water (including us) but the most popular spot were the jacuzzi tubs which were warmed.

I can attest to the chilly water at Atlantis in January. I was there on 1/16/2011 and it was C.O.L.D. The temps were about 70-71 degrees that day.
We viewed it as 'this may be the only chance we have to do this' so we "suffered" and had a BALL. The great thing was - it was not crowded AT ALL! It was a gorgeous day. :)
I will say, I am a wuss when it comes to cold pool/ocean water but even the hubby said it was cold to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter