Heat on yet?

It's 69.3 in here this morning. I'm still holding out...;)

I think it helps that we live in a twin- our neighbors help keep us warm :goodvibes

I'm in a twin too, my neighbor works in China (no lie he commutes every week! :lmao:) so he hasn't been home to help keep us warm! ;)

Didn't even think about that. What temperature you set it at once you do put the heat on. I have mine at 74 and last night even with my robe and blanket I was chilly. I usually always keep the house around 74/75. Summer AC at 75. cold weather the same.

My cousin refuses to set her's any higher then 70. She lives 4 doors down. Guess where she ends up often during the cold weather. :scratchin Of course close to suppertime too. :rolleyes2:rotfl2:

Obviously this is why the electric company has a field day with me. :crazy2:

I'm in NEPA and we are under a frost advisory! Are y'all turning it on tonight? Mine has been on all day we also heat with oil :headache:

We didn't turn it on, but it got cold. It was 64 degrees in here this morning. I put on another layer for now, but I am going to do some baking in a bit.

I have electric baseboard heaters in my duplex and they are very expensive to run so I am holding off as long as I possibly can. It was in the 30s last night and I still wouldn't. We just bundle up and use extra blankets. I wish I could set them on a temperature and let them come on as needed but they are the old style where they only have low and high setting and everyone has to be turned on individually. We try to only turn on the bedrooms and living room when it will start staying in the 40s during the day. Other wise my bill will be over $400 a month. :crazy2:

Not yet, although it is 48, cold and rainy. Did put the fireplace on though to get the chill off.

Didn't even think about that. What temperature you set it at once you do put the heat on. I have mine at 74 and last night even with my robe and blanket I was chilly. I usually always keep the house around 74/75. Summer AC at 75. cold weather the same.

My cousin refuses to set her's any higher then 70. She lives 4 doors down. Guess where she ends up often during the cold weather. :scratchin Of course close to suppertime too. :rolleyes2:rotfl2:

Obviously this is why the electric company has a field day with me. :crazy2:

Our furnace is set at 69 for the winter. We have new windows and our house is very well insulated, so all four of us are comfortable at that temp. :) The majority of our windows are also facing the south, so on days like today, all the curtains/blinds are open to let the sunlight pour in and heat for free. ;)

We didn't turn it on, but it got cold. It was 64 degrees in here this morning. I put on another layer for now, but I am going to do some baking in a bit.

65 is what we heat to in the winter!pirate:

We have a programmable thermostat, and our heat will turn on when it gets lower than 68 (during the hours are home). It turned on today! A bit early, for Georgia.

Here in MD..yup. I put it on a couple days ago. We were out in the cold and rain all weekend for our DDs' softball tourney and we even came home and put on the gas fireplace to thaw out.

Just turned it on for the first time (this year, of course) a couple of hours ago. I'm not toasty, but at least I'm not shivering any more.

We turned the furnace on Saturday evening. It was 61 in here! We have it set to just 68 during the hours we are here and 64 for sleeping.

As of this afternoon the heat is on.
The house was 64 degrees and I couldn't bring myself to bath the baby with the house that chilly.

68 Degrees in the house all day today - no heat on yet.

Low is supposed to be 47 tonight high was 58 in Charlotte NC, still no heat. We just shut the windows and put pants and long sleeved shirts on. Took DS7 months for a walk tonight and people where looking at us like we are horrible parents. He had fleece pants, thick socks, long-sleeve onsie, jacket with hood, and a thick blanket, he was plenty warm. I guess it's because we are from MA and ME that 50's mean bundling up a baby and still going out and it being "brisk" out is fine. My brother in law who lives in ME started his wood stove today though so it's getting chilly up there.

Turned our heat on yesterday for the first time. We live on Long Island. My house was 66 inside, it was low 50s outside. DH and DS better bundle up tomorrow night for the Yankee game.

:beach: Had the A/C on last week. Crazy!

I notice how many people state how cold it is outside when explaining how they had to turn the heat on. I have to ask because of an issue at work, why does it matter how cold it is outside? It was 49° last night, but was still 67 in the house with the thermostat set at 64°. We certainly didn't turn it up just because it was 49° outside.

I ask because the AC runs at work all winter. I work in a manufacturing plant, thus the plant floor can still be 90° and we work in a control room lifted up in the rafters. Some of the folks complain about the AC kicking on because "it's 4 freakin degrees outside!" Well, it is still 90° where we are working. Who cares what the temperature is outside!

It was 67 in our house yesterday, and I have to admit it got to me after a while. My DH took pity on me and lit the wood stove for a while - 71 was a lot more like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter