Heads Up Canadians!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by deanimal, Mar 20, 2013.

1. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

Just saw the offer for 25% off for Canadian residents for the Wonder in Alaska May 27-June 17. The quote came to $3500 inside or $3800 Ocean view for a family for four in June! I just wish there was some way we could get the time off! :sad: Hopefully someone else will be able to take advantage of this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

4. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

No kidding!! WOW - that includes our sailing of 6/17. I wonder if they will allow any other offers and for those already booked? Not complaining as I know that's the way it works, but it would surely be nice to get a little bit of $$ back :)

Heather

5. bbangel

bbangel <font color=green>My friends call me the font of u

You should be able to apply the discount even if you have paid in full. I've done it on other sailings.

6. IBelieveInTheMagic

Thank you! :goodvibes I've read that too - so good to know, however I'm not Canadian so this doesn't apply to me. I hope others are able to take advantage of it and I hope it leads to other discounts, like perhaps KSF that I might be able to get. Our PIF date was several weeks ago (?) which is why they are obviously offering this discount now.

Fingers crossed!

Heather

7. Carolynleanne

Carolynleanne Canadian Disney mom

If I wasn't 32 weeks pregnant I'd be all over this!!!

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

wonder what are the residency requirements. Parents are both Canadian and US citizens - they live in the US but do have a valid Canadian passport... Then of course I wonder if they can book two cabins - one for them and one for me and family...

9. IBelieveInTheMagic

If they qualified, perhaps have your dad book a cabin and then your mom book another cabin? I thought I had read another post at one time where someone had done this for a reason (can't remember now) and they went to guest services after they boarded to switch out the KTTW cards so they worked appropriately for the people staying in the proper cabins. It's just a thought and it surely wouldn't hurt to call and ask! :goodvibes

Heather

10. keaster

keaster DIS Veteran

The DCL website says proof of Canadian residency is required, which I take to mean something with a Canadian address on it. Passports are more for proof of citizenship than residency.

Do they still have a Canadian address?