Heading to MK on Parade Taping day...can it be done?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
We now have the ability to spend all of 12/01 in MK (thanks to a generous Dis'er who helped to make it possible.) We were scheduled for only evening..but now can do the whole day!

Can we go to MK on 12/01 and somehow "avoid" the taping? What are the best tips to avoid? We're not parade people...nor do we care who is performing. We'd LOVE it if it means the rest of the park is emptt :thumbsup2.

So, do we just hop on train to avoid Main St. and is the rest of the park doable? Do the rides get crazy crowded once the taping is over? We do have ADR's for lunch.. so was planning on hoping on train in AM... getting through as much of the lands as possible before a 1:45 ADR for lunch... and then heading home after for rest/relaxation until evening when we come back to hit any rides we missed and/or Wishes. Is this workable? We DON"T need to hit every ride...we usually just graze and hop on what we can without waits. I just don't even want to attempt it if it means it will be unbelievably crowded and we end up leaving...what a waste of the first morning!:confused3

DH and I were there last year on parade taping day because we had no other choice. It was a long weekend trip, so we did it. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was 24ish wks pregnant, so we didn't do any of the Mountains, but he and I had a great time. We avoided the Main Street area until we were ready to leave. It was hard to get down to the exit because we had to walk through all the shops since the sidewalks were crowded. Definitely steer clear if you can. There were a decent amount of people there but not overwhelming at all.

I would go do MK on parade taping day in a heartbeat.

DH and I were there in 2010 and it wasn't bad at, as stated by previous post we just avoided Main Street. I have pictures from the train station on Main Street of the castle and didn't realize until I got home that Ryan Seacrest was in them. You'll have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter