Headin South for Some "Tooth" Whitening!! A Dizneydawn TR ACTUAL Update 7/14

Summer Teeth - Some are there..some are not!

Ohhhh, summer teeth!! Hahahaha, good one!

I gotta get to your food review board. Feels like I'm missing a big chunk of your TR here!

She was not attractive, looked like a washed up Loretta Lynn after being drug around by a coal cart a few times. She was wearing her fashionable Summer teeth, even though it was clearly only early spring.

I bet she wears white after labor day too cause she is a fashion rebel that way.

You all know what Summer teeth are dontcha?

If not ask and I will let ya know.

I feel as if you've entered into The KAVORKA Zone........

Summer Teeth..... :rotfl:

Enjoying your TR; thanks for posting! :thumbsup2 What was the name of the hot dog place? (I missed it if you shared it.)

Had to laugh at the road signs in Georgia - it's a road trip "hobby" of our family to find weird road signs and I've seen those signs in Georgia on our trips. Our usual road trip sadly isn't to Disney but up North to visit my parents. We drive straight across Pennsylvania and there is one stretch with a lot of "saving" signs - Jesus saves, stop sinning and get saved - I think it's right past the stretch of highway with the adult book stores and fireworks for sale signs!

All of it, although sometimes I do not understand the mentality of people who do not have enough teeth to hold a cigarette in their head, buying more cigarettes instead of buying teeth. :confused3

:laughing: I know someone like that. He begs local churches for rent money then goes and spends it on a new cowboy hat. He has no teeth and smokes like a freight train. Someone gave him peanuts for Christmas one year and he threw them down and said "You know I can't eat these!" I just don't get it.

We always giggle at the Kum N Go gas stations if we drive through Iowa. Can't help it! :rotfl:

Loving your updates Dawn! Off to read the dining TR!

YEAH!! an update!

I love this and the food report..

I wish we had such fabulously named gas stations in NC - we must have a boring person assigned to approve gas station names..

:lmao:

I am assuming you are traveling down I-75?

Next time you are down that way, you need to stop in Ashburn-home of The Fireant Festival, Crime and Punishment Museum and a Giant Peanut (that one can be seen from the highway).

We have yet to go to the Fireant Festival but it sounds fun. :)
I love roadtrips!!

More great road trips stories. Your observational skills are dead on. Thank you for giving me the definition for summer teeth. :lmao:

And I am shocked to see that Intercourse Pa actually does have a high school.

Can't wait until you arrive!! But it sure has been fun getting there.

Great update!
Thank you for following along!
I'm on board! Enjoyed your last TR and my mother and I are doing a 4 days Mom/Daughter trip in about a week!I hpe you are having a great time!!!
Since you went to Tutto Italia (we have a late ressie there on our upcoming trip) what would you recommend? My mom and I will be splitting meals because the portions are usually huge.
This may be too late but Baylor and I split the lasagna and it was great but almost too small to share. Every other plate looked massive enough for two. The lasagna came out in it's own little dish by itself.
Reading your TRs just make me want to go on a road trip MORE AND MORE. But Andrew doesn't like driving long distances and it would be hard for me to drive all day. I'm sure I'll be able to convince him one day...
Plan unique stops along the way to make the trip p[art something you look forward to!
Oh my goodness.....The sign for the bar with the back room.....that's my new screen name on msn.
You crack me up!!! :lmao:

Hmm... I thought I was the only one who took pictures of gas price signs on vacation. :rotfl2:
Nope - makes the, "Back in my day" stories easier to prove!! ;)
You were in my backyard!! Yes, GA loves some road construction. I am dissapointed that you didn't mention the charming billboards that are intermingled with the stripper signs-these are the best they are for TOYS;)-kids can read those at a really young age!!
We saw them too and they were usually next to the ever scuzzy, "rent by the hour" motels! :scared:
:rotfl2:Being a Georgian, I really get a kick out of this update!!
Construction and inept construction workers? We've got PLENTY!
I am so glad you laughed at this because I am always worried I will offend someone but GA is the only state where literally you can have miles of cones and no construction in sight!
We (especially my car-loving DH) always notice how old the vehicles are with NO RUST!!!

It makes you want to only buy used cars from the South for sure!

And just a p.s. NASCAR is nothin'. IndyCar series is where it's at!!
I want to go to a race before I die!
I find it ironic you mention the smoking, because here in NC they actually passed a state law a couple of years ago banning smoking from all establishments that could be visited by someone under 18 (at least, I think that's the fine print of the law). So when you walk into a restaurant here, you don't get an option. You'll be sitting in non-smoking.
I think many states have those laws but nobody enforces the people standing outside to move away from the entrance so I still smell like an ashtray when I walk into a place when there is 10 people standing outside smoking by the door!

our county parks are even tobacco free (no dippin allowed either)
That is awesome!!!
I'm following along! Sorry to be late to the party!
Never late...ALWAYS welcome!!
I gotta get to your food review board. Feels like I'm missing a big chunk of your TR here!
Yes...read the food report for all the gluttony you could want!!
I feel as if "you've entered into The KAVORKA Zone"........
I need a shirt that says that for our next trip!!!

Enjoying your TR; thanks for posting! :thumbsup2 What was the name of the hot dog place? (I missed it if you shared it.)
I think it was Lake City Cafe? I took a pic of the only sign on my food TR...
We drive straight across Pennsylvania and there is one stretch with a lot of "saving" signs - Jesus saves, stop sinning and get saved - I think it's right past the stretch of highway with the adult book stores and fireworks for sale signs!
This is so true!!!! I was laughing so hard at this!!
:laughing: I know someone like that. He begs local churches for rent money then goes and spends it on a new cowboy hat. He has no teeth and smokes like a freight train. Someone gave him peanuts for Christmas one year and he threw them down and said "You know I can't eat these!" I just don't get it.
I have learned to simply give without expecting anymore so I am not driven crazy by the what if's. What makes me mad is the people who complain and lie about what you have or buy or spend your money on when they have the choice to do the same and don't. If you spend your money eating out, drinking, smoking, movies, sports games etc...good for you. I hope you enjoy it. Just don't complain how nice my life must be when I spend my money I save on trips. I have several people in my life like that, including my youngest sister and all they can do is whine about what they do not have instead of changing their spending habits so they can have the same if it was a priority.:mad:
We always giggle at the Kum N Go gas stations if we drive through Iowa. Can't help it! :rotfl:
Gotta love being immature at times dontcha!
Loving your updates Dawn! Off to read the dining TR!

Dawn. Love your trip reports, going back to read the food reviews...

KIM
Hope you liked them Kim!!
YAY! Another trip report! Updates please!
On it's way!!!
I wish we had such fabulously named gas stations in NC - we must have a boring person assigned to approve gas station names..
OR someone not inebriated!!!:lmao:
I am assuming you are traveling down I-75?

Next time you are down that way, you need to stop in Ashburn-home of The Fireant Festival, Crime and Punishment Museum and a Giant Peanut (that one can be seen from the highway).
I will have to see if these are on the way we go next time!!!
More great road trips stories. Your observational skills are dead on.
At least I have that talent if I can't sing!!:worship:

Hi guys! For those who are not reading the food review - I had a relapse of issues with a hiatal hernia I have so I was down and out for a few days. Back on the mend and ready for the next installment!:thumbsup2

P1090251.jpg

This sign surprised us!

We took a different route than usual and how I end up arriving at WDW from the back entrance, I have no idea. We thought we were exiting on a toll road and then would have to go through a few towns to the North of WDW and had about 20 minutes left to go.

Instead, we followed the GPS and voila...the back entrance by the landscaping acres and service roads. I don't think we could get here again if we wanted to.

I have to say it was a slight buzz kill. There was no warning, no getting the camera ready and preparing for the ever popular gate shot. No butterflies in the tummy as you know you are getting closer.

It was literally, right before us and we were gobsmacked and then I tried to tell Dan to pull over so I could get a picture of the sign. I thought at first that WDW had put up signs now to get people excited if they were even close to WDW. Then I saw the purple signs and knew we must be on property somehow. It was the oddest thing and I felt like I was in a time warp.

In a few minutes we were entering the gates of POFQ and I was running in to get our room assignment. WE had requested a ground floor, refurbished room close to the pool please! :teacher:

Our room number ended up being:

P1090307.jpg

It was great! The view we never cared about and that was a good thing because it was facing the back of the bus Que and service driveway. But it was right around the corner from the entrance to the lobby and food court and the pool was right there as well. A minute walk at max to refill drinks and 3 minutes to pool or laundry. Bus transportation would be a 2 minute walk as well if we took it.

P1090309.jpg

The courtyard as you walk up to our building from the parking lot.

P1090308.jpg

Looking straight ahead as we walk out the door and Dan looking constipated!!

The room was redone and I know there is many pics on here you can find to see since I do not think I took many here. My opinion of the refurbished rooms are two fold. First, decor, TV's, curtain to dress behind and more storage space is great.

Second, queen beds are horrible. They are not comfortable at all and when a La Quinta has better beds, Disney better listen up. The bed frames are still the same and meant for a full bed so the mattresses were always sliding or leaving a gap between the head of the bed and the wall. Pillows needed to be wedged there so either your arm or hand did not get smushed. Pillows also fell there often.

The space also meant that every time you moved on the bed, the bed creaked and groaned and your mattress would slam against the wall if you tried to adjust your sleep position in the middle of the night. Whether you were enjoying a romantic couples trip or not, it was going to sound like you were. ;) That first night after we got back from dinner, we thought we had a room at the Playboy mansion! Then we got into bed and figured out that the Hef was not rockin POFQ "old school" above us, beside us and around the corner. It was just weary travelers trying to beat their pillows into submission and hold on for dear life before the mattresses bucked them off. pirate:

We did clean up quick and head out to Garden Grove. I have done my re-cap of that meal on my Food Review.

It is a beautiful hotel and place unless Dan decides to do his impression of the Black Swan.

P1090305.jpg

P1090306.jpg

Or Goofy tries to impale you with his whiskers.

P1090269.jpg

The next morning we rose early and made it to MK for our first rope drop ever together. I had a day full of surprises for us planned at the GF so we parked there and took the monorail over. I actually made Dan stop the car before he pulled up to the gate so I could get out and explain the purpose of the stop to the guard without Dan finding out. I think the guard started to reach for his Buzz Light Year tazer as I approached on foot, but once I explained the surprise, he was all on board. I got back in the car with Dan and he wished us well with a tip of his hat and we were allowed in the gates.

We made it to the entrance of the Mk with about 5 minutes to spare tops. We saw the train arrive and everybody singing to us and it was great. Not too hot out and an awesome start to the day.

P1090312.jpg

While we were waiting for it to start, we got our first glimpse of the rude, red flag, tour groups. They decided to wedge in here after this pic was taken and the amount of strollers they had or people did not matter. Even when there was nowhere to go for them, they had to get closer and shove people back.

I wanted to grab the red flag from the leader and run the opposite direction to see if they would follow because none of them were smart enough to realize that following a mad man into a dead end, mob scene, was not good planning.

P1090320.jpg

P1090319.jpg

Pluto still acting like Russel Brand!

P1090318.jpg

P1090314.jpg

P1090317.jpg

When it was over, the crowds headed in and we followed slowly, taking in everything and appreciating more than we usually do. We went down the little alley on the right of main street where silhouette portraits are done. We listened to the tap dancers and singers getting instructions from rooms above and read the names of the owners of the stores.

P1090321.jpg

We went in and got breakfast from the bakery and sat out in that alleyway, admiring the birds and the quiet of the morning. There was another couple doing the same and they said it was their morning oasis every time they come. There are little red tables and chairs and each time we stopped here throughout the trip, it was always empty. :love:

We then shopped the stores on Main Street we found a Soccer Frog statue for Treyner. Dan also surprised me with a gift. I was in tears at his generosity and it is the best thing ever.

What is it you ask???? :confused3

Stay tuned and you will find out!

Oh, that's so not fair to leave us hanging like this... Stinker!!!! :upsidedow

Please, please, please tell us what Dan got ya!!! PLEASE!!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter